What STILL Works (and what doesn't) in Windows 11

While everyone and their cousins has something to say (good or bad) about Windows 11, what is really important is what works and what doesn't work in the changed operating system as far as applications, games, etc.  So far, I have run into exactly nothing that doesn't work in Windows 11 - despite having to use an unsupported method of getting it onto my desktop (for now).  When I said nothing broke, I mean exactly that - not one  single solitary application or game has failed to work,

Regardless of how you got it onto your PCs, what are the reports from the rest of you?

For the moment there is one W11 thing broke: for users of motherboards with the newest Realtek ALC4080 sound chips, the current drivers do not support the DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Radar 3 - Sonic Studio 3 apps which work fine under W10. While standard USB audio works fine and will supply surround sound using the spdif output, headphone and headset wearers may not get the same sound as under W10. Its not clear whether this is an MS or Realtek problem, but the drivers do install properly under W10 but not W11.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2021 at 21:56, dwd999 said:

For the moment there is one W11 thing broke: for users of motherboards with the newest Realtek ALC4080 sound chips, the current drivers do not support the DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Radar 3 - Sonic Studio 3 apps which work fine under W10. While standard USB audio works fine and will supply surround sound using the spdif output, headphone and headset wearers may not get the same sound as under W10. Its not clear whether this is an MS or Realtek problem, but the drivers do install properly under W10 but not W11.

Realtek Audio onboard ASUS Maximus Motherboard is having issues with Windows 11. Works fine after reboot but then it starts getting really buggy and going out after an hour or two. Realtek Audio Driver  version 6.0.8960.1. It could be (and probably is) a problem with SONIC STUDIO 3