My delisted Windows 8 apps aren't working anymore on Windows 10.

So, I have some Windows 8 apps that were never supported on Windows 10 but until a few days ago worked fine on Windows 10 because I was able to redownload them since I had previously downloaded them and they still worked.  FYI, I'm on an old version of Windows 10 with pre-Chromium Edge and updates disabled.  However, I briefly reenabled updates so I could update myTube, and now half of my apps aren't working.

Is there any way to fix this?  Because frankly, I could give a rats ass what Microsoft says is, "supported," or not I just want my ###### to work.

On an unrelated note, getting rid of the Start Screen and Live Tiles on Windows 11 is a big fu to us Surface users.  Just saying.

19 minutes ago, The_Decimator said:

Is there any way to fix this?  Because frankly, I could give a rats ass what Microsoft says is, "supported," or not I just want my ###### to work.

Unfortunately that's the definition of if something is supported or not. If it is supported the app will either work or they will work with you to get the app working, otherwise you're on your own if it breaks.

Do you have a list of the updates that were applied between the apps working and then not working? And do you have a list of the apps, as well as their dependencies? For example, some apps are just wrappers for a browser window, so it could be that if there was an update that shifted Edge to the Chromium version that is what caused the apps to break since they don't recognise the Chromium browser.

4 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Unfortunately that's the definition of if something is supported or not. If it is supported the app will either work or they will work with you to get the app working, otherwise you're on your own if it breaks.

Do you have a list of the updates that were applied between the apps working and then not working? And do you have a list of the apps, as well as their dependencies? For example, some apps are just wrappers for a browser window, so it could be that if there was an update that shifted Edge to the Chromium version that is what caused the apps to break since they don't recognise the Chromium browser.

Nah, literally the only thing that was updated was myTube and it was like every time I connected to the Windows Store more of my old apps stopped working.

Entitlements missing for those apps now?