Are there any Refrigeration experts here?

I know this compressor is toast and know it is beyond repair.   As part of living in the Pacific Northwest where it is the land of Air conditioner shortages and they are getting snapped up faster than a dog grabs a t-bone steak from the grill while unattended, we were gifted a Portable AC which would help with the heat here and this was ordered right in the middle of the Heat dome.  It was an anniversary gift and we were looking forward to getting it so the day finally came and upon plugging it in, the compressor sounded like it was going to vibrate through the floor.  Imagine what an Air Compressor sounds like when it is recharging the pressure,  you get the idea.     I contacted the shipper who also makes the units and they said it was defective and said we could dispose of the unit or keep it, basically they didn't care and would refund the money.   So I did what any tech minded analytical minded person would do.  I popped the unit open and confirmed that the lines were not getting cold so, I went in for a closer look and lo and behold this is what I found:

20210706_153642.thumb.jpg.e11e4cedd283722a766976f760a3ed12.jpg

What you are seeing here is the hose which goes to the Radiator (I think that's the right word).  Anyway, looking at it, it seems like it was welded at one point perhaps at the factory but broke through shipping or otherwise.  The box came undamaged and as far as we know, it wasn't damaged in transit but with FedEx, that's anyone's guess.

Being the analytical thinker, it is driving me nuts to determine just how this fell apart or broke loose.  Any ideas?  I'm not going to repair or replace it.    I'm pretty sure also that the refrigerant is gone since it would have been discharged from the compressor given it had no return.  The area surrounding it as well was oily and that makes me think that it was refrigerant as well with oil to help keep the compressor cool.

Poor soldering job and it appears to be bent.  An HVAC tech may be able to fix it and recharge the refrigerant.  Also there is oil, it's used to keep the compressor lubricated.

Disclaimer -  I am NOT an expert.  😁