Concerning Storage Drive In Desktop PC

Reinstalled my WD Black 1TB Storage drive during my recent dust clean out, since i was like i'm hardly even using the storage on the drive at all, had over 80 percent free.       Was gonna use the 4TB in the Storage Enclosure as replacement backup drive for the 8TB Seagate drive, to see if was still slow with that one & Macirum Reflect, but sadly the 4TB was overheating in the Enclosure,  and second enclosure it barely fits in and won't close right, so decided instead of forcing it, do the one of the following below options

So should i save the 4TB in it's Anti Static bag?    purchase another enclosure soon as i can, and start using that one as the backup drive?     or was i dumb for downgrading Internal Desktop storage from 4TB Storage drive to 1TB storage drive

Use the 4TB as a backup drive when you get the chance. As you said, you were using less than 1TB when it was installed in the computer. Also, I don't know if the specs in your signature have changed but I see you also have a 500GB boot drive and a 1TB drive for games, so the other 1TB drive should be fine for data and programs.

Yeah thats exactly what i will do,  purchase another USB 3.0 or USB 3.2 Gen 1 Enclosure,  place 4TB drive in there, and then use that as systems backup drive.   8TB that i won in Twitter Contest from Seagates ok, but awfully slow, unknown if it's the enclosure itself, or drive itself,  just finished full image of the 1TB storage drive,  9 Hours 28 Minutes--probably only image i'll do of the Storage drive since not expecting many changes on that one anytime soon.

Heck if i can afford it, might purchase 2 Enclosures, and try the Seagate in a newer Enclosure as well.