ASP and IE Host Problems

Question

I'm at a bit of a lost on why exactly this is occuring.

Basically if you try to view our web site:

http://www.wendellhull.com

in Internet Explorer we get the following error from our host:

error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/Default.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.

But when loaded in Mozilla Firefox the page comes up fine. I beleive our Hosts are still on NT 4. If I had to take a guess I would think it has something to do with one of the recent security updates to Internet Explorer.

If I could find some info that I could forward to our hosts that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

-Nic

7 answers to this question

Hmm...no changes in three days, huh? Have your host reboot the box or restart IIS. Or, request to move your site to a Server 2003 box with better ASP libraries. ;)

Also, do you have a copy of the site? Fire it up on your box (assuming you've got IIS running on your PC) and see if it works.

I'm at a bit of a lost on why exactly this is occuring.

Basically if you try to view our web site:

http://www.wendellhull.com

in Internet Explorer we get the following error from our host:

But when loaded in Mozilla Firefox the page comes up fine.  I beleive our Hosts are still on NT 4.  If I had to take a guess I would think it has something to do with one of the recent security updates to Internet Explorer.

If I could find some info that I could forward to our hosts that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

-Nic

Are you using Microsoft's 500-100.asp file in your "Custom Errors" configuration of the website ? I would recommend this as typically it will give more information when an error occurs.

Attached is a screenshot from a Default Website config in Windows 2000. Find the 500-100.asp file, place it in your website, change the entry for 500;100 on the "Custom Errors" tab of the website proerties in IIS to point to the URL of the 500-100.asp file in your website.

Hope this helps.