Does anyone know where I can recycle UPS batteries?

I have two UPS batteries that are dead, and I want to recycle them, but I can't figure out where to take them. When I do online searches I come up with car batteries, and I guess they are somewhat the same (lead acid), but I'm not sure. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

car battery place could work yeah, if in doubt call them up and ask if they'll accept it. Honestly I'd trust that more than most electronic recycle centers, most things still just end up as e-waste most the time in most of them :/ (especially bigger retailers like BestBuy that claim they recycle stuff)

• Thanks 1

On 26/07/2021 at 10:47, Jim K said:

Call2Recycle.org ... find a location near you (probably will be a Home Depot or Lowes). Free afaik.

Batteries Plus also recycle, though I think there is a charge.

Home Depot, and it is at an area I frequent! My niece likes going to that area for PetSmart, so next time I get conned asked to take her to that area, I'll take the batteries with me! :D

• Like 2

yeah I'd trust Home Depot to recycle a battery properly more than I would an electronics outlet (Y) (which is sad really :/)

Best Buy also takes SLA batteries for recycling. Three per day per person. 

I don't know if in Florida they do it, but my town recycling center will take them,

On 26/07/2021 at 12:27, Xenon said:

I don't know if in Florida they do it, but my town recycling center will take them,

I honestly don't know, and I don't even know where the recycling center is :( but Home Depot works with Call2Recycle, so I'll just take them there when I go to that area again.