Wifi Antenna Little Question

Switched Gaming Desktop over to using Ethernet?   Should i keep my Desktop Wifi antennas connected on the rear of the card or should i remove those?       Do use the bluetooth function of the card still quite a bit

I use Ethernet with my BT speakers. Your system can only run one thing. (AFAIK)

If you hook up your Ethernet, you are no longer running your Wi-Fi and vice versa.

It's the same way with laptops, too. The ones that have Wi-Fi and Ethernet port can use either, just not both at one time.

Hello,

I would suggest leaving the antennas connected; the computer's Wi-Fi adapter is tested with them attached, and without them being connected, the Wi-Fi signal could behave in unpredictable ways or cause issues with other Wi-Fi connected equipment operating on the same frequencies.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Oh ok Thank you both for the replies on this question,  will get the antennas reconnected, and just use 1 one type of connection,  didn't realize could cause problems for other devices, now i know

On 02/08/2021 at 00:44, Mindovermaster said:

I use Ethernet with my BT speakers. Your system can only run one thing. (AFAIK)

If you hook up your Ethernet, you are no longer running your Wi-Fi and vice versa.

It's the same way with laptops, too. The ones that have Wi-Fi and Ethernet port can use either, just not both at one time.

depends on the drivers. Some you can have both Ethernet and WiFi running/connected at the same time.

regardless though Bluetooth can still work while using Ethernet for internet which is the main thing OP in inquiring about.

@bikeman25 I'd say leave the antenna attached as well. generally on those internal combo cards one of the antenna will be for WiFi and one will be for Bluetooth. Since it's hard to tell which is which it's best to just leave them both attached since they don't take up much space anyway (Y) 

If your Wi-Fi card is dual BT/Wireless, keep them connected or your BT will suffer.

Yes the card is Wireless  & Bluetooth 5.0 capable,  and didn't realize the bluetooth would suffer til recently.      Have since reconnected the antennas, and yeah they don't take up much space anyways i realized, and i do use the bluetooth function off and on still

• Like 3