Multimeter?

You know what a multi meter is. tests a connection from point A to point B.

What brands/types do you recommend?

Please go to menards.com

You can see, it ranges from $8 al the way up to $200. I dunno what to choose. You?

I don't want the cheapest ######, but I don't need the $200 one either. ~$30-50 budget?

@warwagon can you advise?

• Mindovermaster changed the title to Multimeter?
On 03/08/2021 at 16:20, Mindovermaster said:

Adam Savage uses that one, great. :)

You might want to check with him before you take it... Or tell him Kari took it when he comes looking for it back.

• Haha 2

Fluke is the golden standard, but they're expensive. I bought one recently from Flir (the company known for thermal imaging), and it works great.  I do pretty high voltage AC and DC testing, so the higher end ones are overkill if you're doing simple consumer electronics stuff.  Milwaukee Tool has one for about $100, which would also be a safe bet.

On 03/08/2021 at 10:33, Astra.Xtreme said:

Fluke is the golden standard, but they're expensive. I bought one recently from Flir (the company known for thermal imaging), and it works great.  I do pretty high voltage AC and DC testing, so the higher end ones are overkill if you're doing simple consumer electronics stuff.  Milwaukee Tool has one for about $100, which would also be a safe bet.

Yeah, I'm only using it for computer parts. Computer motherboards, peripherals, etc.

That Fluke that Spikey posted above looks like a good pick. It's not at Menards/HomeDepot, but my Mom does have Prime at Amazon.

On 03/08/2021 at 10:37, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, I'm only using it for computer parts. Computer motherboards, peripherals, etc.

That Fluke that Spikey posted above looks like a good pick. It's not at Menards/HomeDepot, but my Mom does have Prime at Amazon.

Oops, I missed that link.  Looks like a solid bet for measuring voltage and continuity checks.  It's not able to measure current flow, so as long as you don't need that, it'll be a good choice.

• Like 1