Was offered a new job!

Basically, years ago I worked for MWR on NAS Jacksonville, and did so for 12 years, I only left to go to work for Amazon. Amazon did not work out, and have been unemployed basically for a year or so. I did find part time work as a school crossing guard, but it is only 10 hours a week, so no major money maker. A few weeks ago my former supervisor from MWR texted me and wanted to know if I was still looking for work, I responded yes, and she had me do an application, send it in, and she would handle the rest. Yesterday, I went to the base, and 'interviewed' with the assistant manager at the location in need of help. He had already talked with my former supervisor and had decided he would hire me if I wanted the job, so of course I accepted. Now comes the waiting game. Since this job is on a Navy Base, I will have to go through a full FBI background check, and that process can take 3 weeks to a month to get all the info back. Since I have nothing to worry about in my background, and have done this process before, I can safely say that I have a new job!

Congrats! I hope it continues to work out for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/08/2021 at 12:21, Brandon H said:

congrats, I'm sure it's a huge relief for you :) 

Yes it is, the funny thing is that the assistant manager told me that nobody is applying for the open jobs, and he was afraid that the company or command was going to institute a hiring freeze, so he wanted to get me in before that happened! (which has not happened yet, but is still possible, considering the base is only running at 25% capacity at the moment)