The Suicide Squad (2021)

Didn't see a thread for the new movie... please can this thread if I missed the appropriate thread!

Watched this last night and it was a lot of fun... very crass and it got an R rating for a reason, but it was a fun ride.  It's worth a view, even just once.  

On 06/08/2021 at 12:02, warwagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I felt slightly duped. They killed off 1/2 the characters they promoted in the trailer in the first 5 mins.

Spoiler

I sort of expected that... maybe not THAT many that early, but I figured they weren't going to go, say, a full quarter of the way into the movie without a few folks being killed off.  It is, the Suicide Squad, of course...

Loved it. I really enjoyed the ride.

I'm also glad they embraced the "Suicide" aspect of the story wholeheartedly. The only character I was sorry

to see go early was TDK (Nathan Fillion). His mostly useless ability was comedy gold.

• Like 1

Wasn't particularly impressed.  It had some good parts, but overall, for me at least, the first one was actually a better action movie.  This one went too far in the direction of comedy and entered the realm of downright silly.

On 09/08/2021 at 15:23, FloatingFatMan said:

Wasn't particularly impressed.  It had some good parts, but overall, for me at least, the first one was actually a better action movie.  This one went too far in the direction of comedy and entered the realm of downright silly.

You want downright silly. The new Fast and Furious movie is the most ridiculous movie I have seen. You like space related stuff so your head will explode when you see what happens and don't get me started on the truck rolling down the hill.

I haven't been a fan of the past few of the F&F movies anyway but for me the franchise is dead.

On 09/08/2021 at 19:12, Jumping Jacinta said:

You want downright silly. The new Fast and Furious movie is the most ridiculous movie I have seen. You like space related stuff so your head will explode when you see what happens and don't get me started on the truck rolling down the hill.

I haven't been a fan of the past few of the F&F movies anyway but for me the franchise is dead.

Can't be any worse than the Fast and the Furious movie that had the caculated 23 mile runway. 🤣

On 10/08/2021 at 01:12, Jumping Jacinta said:

Fortunately, I have only ever seen the first F&F movie and don't plan to ever watch the others... :p

• Like 2