Hard Drive Storage Question

Hello All

In Terms of Peformance, and Extra Games for Gaming Desktop PC,   (Specs are Gigabyte B460M_DS3H, Intel 10700,  16gb of Ram,  Geforce 1660 Super,    Wifi6 TP Link AX3000/Bluetooth 5.0,  1TB Storage Drive,   1TB Game SSD, and 500GB Boot M.2 NVme Samsung 970 Evo Plus)

My Question tonight is  would it be better system performance wise to use the WD Black 4TB internally as extra storage of say Documents, Downloads, Music, and Videos, or Extra games that doesn't quite fit on the 1TB Game SSD, or is my current setup good enough,  Currently 4TB is used in External enclosure as extra backup drive,   Main backup drive is 8TB Samsung SMR Drive.   and Secondary external WD My Passport

WD Black is used for power-house applications. This is for saving game information, video editing, coding, anything you need FAST.

I'd suggest just making a NAS. Put a few 16TB drives into it and call it a day.

Oh Ok,  might have to look into getting a NAS provided can afford one, and call it a day after that lol

and if i can afford Nas rated Hard drives for the NAS

Edited by bikeman25

Another option is to buy a PC case that can hold a good number of drives.

Then you always have a secondary PC, but not sure about using it as network storage.

I just use mine as a HTPC.

On 08/09/2021 at 10:03, Sir Topham Hatt said:

Another option is to buy a PC case that can hold a good number of drives.

Then you always have a secondary PC, but not sure about using it as network storage.

I just use mine as a HTPC.

Depends on the usage, though. I doubt he'll be watching his pictures and documents on his big TV...

My Usage is generally gaming,  sometimes watching shows,  Music listening,  occasional documents.    

I got room for 2 3.5 inch drives

and 2 2.5 inch  on rear of motherboard tray above power supply towards rear of case in this Thermaltake V200 TG RGB case

Just task of finding which Sata power cable that actually is connected to power supply and works--then i can free up 2nd 3.5 inch bay for another 3.5 inch drive

Shop did the original install of components in June 2020

Shot of The Current Cable situation,  I tried the one mount when i first got the Samsung 860 Evo 1TB back in January,  unforuately never got it to work, so ended up putting back on one of the 3.5 inch bay trays, wiring it up with the known cables that worked, and closed the case

Knows gotta take time sometime to clean up the cables

PC Cables.jpg

Edited by bikeman25