Is there any no log vpn?

I am a newbie here, I was told that my question will be answered here. I need to buy a VPN that is secure, keeps no record of its customer, and is reliable for content unblocking. As far as I have done my research I have shortlisted a few VPNs like Nord, express, surfshark, and purevpn. All of these are big brands so it is obvious that these VPNs will be expensive. Are there any other VPNs that are economical and ethical too?

Expensive is subjective but I am a big fan of Mullvad VPN at about $5 a month. No account/email required and they accept numerous payment options including Bitcoin. Their software is open source, has Wireguard support, has been audited by 3rd parties, and they do have a no logging policy.

https://mullvad.net/

Edited by Good Bot, Bad Bot

I too had the same qustions not so long ago, and tried various ones out before settling on ExpressVPN. Been fantastic over the last nearly 2 years now.

Another one i used that was good was TorGuard.

• 1 month later...

ExpressVPN is way too expensive and they don´t offer anything that the cheap ones don´t have, PureVPN is based in Hong Kong, China, not the best place for privacy. I would look into TorGuard or Mullvad because they have been around for many years, if they logged maybe it would have already been leaked.

There are free no-log VPNs - one I have been using for the past two years is ProtonVPN.  (The knock on ProtonVPN is that it is free - not that that it is not no-log.  ProtonVPN - like the majority of no-log VPNs - is Swiss-based.)

• 1 month later...
On 17/10/2021 at 19:59, goretsky said:

Hello,

Interesting article about the business of VPN providers: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/06/technology/personaltech/are-vpns-worth-it.html

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Can't read it, gotta subscribe first??

I'm looking for a VPN too but so many of them out there!!

ONLY your own VPN is not logging

On 25/11/2021 at 21:19, Raze said:

A good article regarding VPN services.

Link

I've been using Mullvad for a little over a year and have had no problems.  Fast, reliable and secure.

Never heard of that one. But I guess unknown ones are best. :)

On 25/11/2021 at 20:44, Marujan said:

ONLY your own VPN is not logging

I'm intrigued!

On 25/11/2021 at 22:19, Raze said:

A good article regarding VPN services.

Link

I've been using Mullvad for a little over a year and have had no problems.  Fast, reliable and secure.

Never heard of it.....but will check it out!

On 25/11/2021 at 22:59, Mindovermaster said:

Never heard of that one. But I guess unknown ones are best. :)

Do you use one?

Of all the VPN's i tested before settling on one, i personally found ExpressVPN the be the fastest one out there. Not cheap, granted, but at least i dont lose download speed! 

I know they recently got taken over... but afaik, they still have a strict no logging policy.

I have used 2 vpns in the past. Purevpn and Expressvpn. Both are good and fast. if u are gonna get a vpn now would be a good time because they would have good black friday deals going on

I've been with Private internet Access for years, had no problems with them also has wireguard protection as well as other cool stuff like dedicated IP address but think that's extra, take a look :-

Private Internet Access

Plus best time to get one if you are getting one is now as its Black Friday.

On 26/11/2021 at 08:28, Nuculi said:

I've been with Private internet Access for years, had no problems with them also has wireguard protection as well as other cool stuff like dedicated IP address but think that's extra, take a look :-

Private Internet Access

Plus best time to get one if you are getting one is now as its Black Friday.

Another vote for Private Internet Access, been using it for years here as well. They are fast and reliable, not too expensive either if you pay for a full year ($39.99 for a full year) Private Internet Access That Mullvad VPN seems quite good too as well though.

• Like 2

On 26/11/2021 at 05:40, ultimate99 said:

Do you use one?

Yes, I used to use NordVPN and PureVPN. But I haven't used it in the past..

On 26/11/2021 at 09:38, Mindovermaster said:

Yes, I used to use NordVPN and PureVPN. But I haven't used it in the past..

thank you for sharing your private info with Kape Technologies

However, Kape Technologies’ past (previously named Crossrider) has drawn our criticism and suspicion in the past due to its software being used to distribute malware, as seen in our CyberGhost review. 
Defenders of Kape/Crossrider

That controversial malware history might not be all it seems, though. A recent investigation by Restore Privacy indicates that Crossrider’s role was simply to create a development platform that was used and abused by third parties to spread malware.

Interestingly, this Restore Privacy article quotes Andrew Lee, co-founder of Private Internet Access — another VPN that was bought by Kape Technologies

• Facepalm 1

On 26/11/2021 at 20:26, warwagon said:

A lot of the VPN providers have "no logs" until they get hacked and you find out they do in fact keep logs.

Source?

On 26/11/2021 at 20:44, Raze said:

All of those VPNs were located in Hong Kong.

So not "a lot of VPN providers" as you stated. 

eh, slightly talking out my ass. But you just take the word of a lot of providers.

On 26/11/2021 at 20:45, warwagon said:

eh, slightly talking out my ass. But you just take the word of a lot of providers.

No. I do research first.

P.S.   Thanks for being honest.  👍