motherboard charging question

Hi all. Mobo is aorus gaming 7 op (z370). I was testing all the USB ports on the mobo to see which one charges my phone faster (galaxy A20). For reference, the charging block that came with the phone gets it to 60% in about 30 mins. Screen registers "fast charging". I'm just going to make a list with notes to let you see what goes on and if there's some kind of power issue I might be missing...  spoiler, the front USB type A (realtek) charges 55% in 30 mins.

Intel (rear)
5x USB 3.1 Gen 1  -  charge about 1-2%  every 5 mins.

(2x are DAC-UP 2 ports, no difference in charge even when set to +0.3v)

Asmedia (rear)

1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 type A (red port) - charge about 1-2% every 5 mins.

1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 type C (rear) - broken, more on this later.

Asmedia (front)
1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 type C (front header) - about 25% in 30 mins.

Realtek (front)
2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 - charge 55% in 30 mins.

So with that, I do use the front type A ports for charging two phones, they work well, but they don't say "fast charging" on screen. If I use any of the Type C ports (broken rear or working front), they do say fast charging, but don't actually do it. As for that broken rear type C, it will recognize the phone for a second, then disappear. If I replug a few times, it will finally stay recognized, but hangs when I browse folders on the phone and of course charges about 1% every 7 mins.

Do you suppose there's a bad cap or some other issue? I thought for a while that I fixed that broken type C with a firmware update because after that, it did recognize for a short while, but then went back to being broken. Bummer.. In any case, as long as all the ports (except rear C) work with my devices and the two front ports charge nearly as fast as my block, then I'm cool. I just wish I knew why the type C front isn't doing a better job. Hope this didn't hurt anyone's eyes :P Thanks!