Pop os update error


 Share

Recommended Posts

Error while installing package: installed linux-firmware package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

 

it seems to be blocking all os updates....not sure how to resolve this. any  help would be appreciated (long time windows guy)

 

 

Screenshot from 2021-09-22 17-51-31.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Setting up linux-firmware (1.199+system76~1627913034~21.04~a184ea1) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.11.0-7633-generic
cryptsetup: WARNING: Resume target cryptswap uses a key file
Error 24 : Write error : cannot write compressed block
E: mkinitramfs failure cpio 141 lz4 -9 -l 24
update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-5.11.0-7633-generic with 1.
dpkg: error processing package linux-firmware (--configure):
 installed linux-firmware package post-installation script subprocess returned e
rror exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 linux-firmware
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/09/2021 at 15:49, Cloud Geek said:

Setting up linux-firmware (1.199+system76~1627913034~21.04~a184ea1) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.11.0-7633-generic
cryptsetup: WARNING: Resume target cryptswap uses a key file
Error 24 : Write error : cannot write compressed block
E: mkinitramfs failure cpio 141 lz4 -9 -l 24
update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-5.11.0-7633-generic with 1.
dpkg: error processing package linux-firmware (--configure):
 installed linux-firmware package post-installation script subprocess returned e
rror exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 linux-firmware
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Make sure /boot has enough free space.

 

There also might be something wrong with the package.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just one thing that might clean this up, don't quote me, but did you try restarting the system? That usually flushes out any issues that might arise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/09/2021 at 20:10, Mindovermaster said:

Just one thing that might clean this up, don't quote me, but did you try restarting the system? That usually flushes out any issues that might arise.

I have restarted. Today ontop of the other updates it failed to update libre office math first with Error while installing package: installed linux-firmware package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

On 22/09/2021 at 20:50, JustGeorge said:

Also, is TimeShift and option?

I'm not a linux person to be honest so I have no idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/09/2021 at 19:14, adrynalyne said:

Check if /boot is out of space. 

522 MB — 118 MB free (77.4% full)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/09/2021 at 19:12, Cloud Geek said:

I have restarted. Today ontop of the other updates it failed to update libre office math first with Error while installing package: installed linux-firmware package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

I'm not a linux person to be honest so I have no idea.

Timeshift is like System Restore in Windows.  I can't remember if its part of Pop's default install though. You would also have had to enable it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/09/2021 at 21:17, JustGeorge said:

Timeshift is like System Restore in Windows.  I can't remember if its part of Pop's default install though. You would also have had to enable it. 

It's not installed or setup....I'm likely lookingat a reinstall...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/09/2021 at 18:11, Cloud Geek said:

It's not installed or setup....I'm likely lookingat a reinstall...

Sorry to hear that. TS won't take the place of backing up your home dir but it will save your butt on almost everything else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back everything up and reinstall, about all you can do if you don't have that installed..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.