CTRL-ALT- DEL option on a Mac?

Hi,

I have an external HDD which contains server 2019 on it. When I hook it up to my macbook pro 2010 PC, I cant get paste the option of ALT-CTRL-DEL cause the keyboard doesnt have a   DEL key. How do I bypass this so I can have access to Server 2019 plz?

I appreciate any help given. Hopefully, I will get some responses on this PLZ.

TIA

Edited by Jason S.

Nick,

I have Server on external HDD. It is either 1 OS or the other when I boot up so how would I use Virtual keyboard to enter command. Plz remember I am new to MAC.

thx

On 20/10/2021 at 13:08, Bruinator said:

Nick,

I have Server on external HDD. It is either 1 OS or the other when I boot up so how would I use Virtual keyboard to enter command. Plz remember I am new to MAC.

thx

have any usb keyboards lying around

On 20/10/2021 at 14:08, Bruinator said:

Nick,

thx

Does Microsoft Server not include the virtual keyboard under the ease of access options?

• Jason S. changed the title to CTRL-ALT- DEL option on a Mac?
On 20/10/2021 at 11:32, warwagon said:

We have got to enroll you in a google class. 🤣

I did and the description said one was for charging and the other was for file tranfer and what not which is why i was confused. :)

If you're running this virtualised, consult the instructions for the virtualisation platform you're using - you have not mentioned this in your post.

If you're running it on hardware some how CTRL-ALT-fn-Delete might work.

On 20/10/2021 at 11:44, margrave said:

Are you running this in some from of software? Parallels?

The CRT+ALT+DEL action should be on the toolbar I thought.

When I plug in my external HHD, I press the alt-cmd keys, it brings up 2 OS's one for DOS and the other EFI (windows) I choose EFI. I get it to the point of ALT-CNTL-DEL option for server. I press a number of keys to try to enter it but none work (including combos mentioned here). I tried plugging ina usb american keyboard and that dont work either. I have googled combination keys to try to no avail. Any other ideas what is going on or something I may have missed?

TYVM for all the help. It is muchly appreciated. :)

I hate to say this but it was a download issue coz i tried another one and it worked fine. I guess it is best not to trust tech bench. oh well .Sorry for the inconvenience.