Is it just me or is iOS's voice dictation garbage?

Is it just me or is iOS's. If there was one thing Google has on Apple is MUCH MUCH MUCH better voice dictation. Just after complaining about Apple's voice dictation to someone, I was just dictating a post on my iPad and I said "Windows 11" and it typed out "What does 11". 

Holy christ bucket. My mom complains about it all the time too. The joke is, the time it takes to go back and fix all the typing errors the voice dictation made you would have been better off just typing it.

I am going to give a special shout out to Windows Phone, when I was using testing the Lumia 640 .. the voice dictation was incredible  damn near perfect. In comparison Apple iOS / iPad iOS .. .what a pile of garbage

On 31/10/2021 at 11:41, warwagon said:

Is it just me or is iOS's. If there was one thing Google has on Apple is MUCH MUCH MUCH better voice dictation. Just after complaining about Apple's voice dictation to someone, I was just dictating a post on my iPad and I said "Windows 11" and it typed out "What does 11". 

Holy christ bucket. My mom complains about it all the time too. The joke is, the time it takes to go back and fix all the typing errors the voice dictation made you would have been better off just typing it.

I am going to give a special shout out to Windows Phone, when I was using testing the Lumia 640 .. the voice dictation was incredible  damn near perfect. In comparison Apple iOS / iPad iOS .. .what a pile of garbage

I call BS.

I have been answering WhatsApp messages on iphone in car by dictation and they worked fine.

Now, after an update the Google maps on my Android offer me the same option and it is horrible. I had to repeat the message 3 times to get anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested the voice dictation in Windows 11 (Windows key + H), it's really really really good. Perfect most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I speak slowly, clearly, succinctly loudly, there’s no use... It’s utter trash!

and I would swear it’s gotten worse over the years, it used to be so much more accurate, far from perfect but somewhat accurate, sometimes the transcription just ends up making me laugh despite my frustration.

just bought an iPhone 13 pro thinking that I bought a bolstered device from the future, all that fancy and glitz but I realized it’s like 10 years behind what Google does in terms of dictation.

if only the pixel six wasn’t that huge.

Google tools are not natively baked into iOS so using them is more of an inconvenience and a nuisance than a pleasure.

On 05/12/2021 at 05:13, Mhnd said:

I speak slowly, clearly, succinctly loudly, there’s no use... It’s utter trash!

and I would swear it’s gotten worse over the years, it used to be so much more accurate, far from perfect but somewhat accurate, sometimes the transcription just ends up making me laugh despite my frustration.

just bought an iPhone 13 pro thinking that I bought a bolstered device from the future, all that fancy and glitz but I realized it’s like 10 years behind what Google does in terms of dictation.

if only the pixel six wasn’t that huge.

Google tools are not natively baked into iOS so using them is more of an inconvenience and a nuisance than a pleasure.

THIS!!!!!!