Smart Light

I think I have a thread somewhere on here about buying Smart Lights. And I got some off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCB3HQJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are controlled by a cell phone app called Smart Life. And they work great. I just needed chandelier adapters for them. Been totally fine.

So they don't need a base or "hub" to connect them all up. Straight from my phone.

What I am asking is, if anyone here has a smart litebulb, or maybe a light strip around your room, etc. What color, and brightness do you keep it at?

I currently have it as a purplish color and like 25% brightness. My Mom hates it, but I quite like it. Anything I need extra light for, I can use one of my many flashlights.

What color do you keep it at? Blue, Purple, Party Mode, Music Mode, Plain White?

On 28/11/2021 at 01:54, Mindovermaster said:

I think I have a thread somewhere on here about buying Smart Lights. And I got some off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCB3HQJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are controlled by a cell phone app called Smart Life. And they work great. I just needed chandelier adapters for them. Been totally fine.

So they don't need a base or "hub" to connect them all up. Straight from my phone.

What I am asking is, if anyone here has a smart litebulb, or maybe a light strip around your room, etc. What color, and brightness do you keep it at?

I currently have it as a purplish color and like 25% brightness. My Mom hates it, but I quite like it. Anything I need extra light for, I can use one of my many flashlights.

What color do you keep it at? Blue, Purple, Party Mode, Music Mode, Plain White?

Purple or Cyan.

Purple is a royal favorite LOL. Also sexy time favourite 😜

And while at first I hated cyan it really grew on me once I used it for a bit as a background light when nothing else is on and I am listening to music before sleep.

Tried everything else - don't like it.

White!

Be warned with the smart life bulbs /sockets etc that when the Chinese servers have any kind of outtages you lose the ability to use your "smart" devices. We had that twice with tuya sockets in the space of a year and I have now moved over to Phillips hue which still work as long as the local WiFi holds up.

I have a few different color scenes setup but my primary is just using Daylight White

Living room light it at 100% because it's a single lamp for the whole room right now (apartment living rooms yo)

In the bedroom our ceiling light takes 2 bulbs and it's one of the fixture lights with the reflector panel on the top so it puts out a good deal of light so for that reason I have those 2 bulbs defaulted to 35% and it's plenty.

I used to use SmartLife compatible bulbs because the old apartment had a ceiling fan that took candalara bulbs and only SmartLife bulbs came with that size base (I didn't want to use an adapter as that would cause the bulbs to stick out that much more). I've since moved to Meross  bulbs as they're who I use for my smart plugs as well (gotta love having a lava lamp on a smart plug as well as my Gamecube lol).

Though now I'm thinking of switching my bulbs to Waze bulbs. Reason being on how power loss is handled, with the Meross bulbs they just turn back on when power is restored, even if they were off before power loss. The Waze bulbs I recently found out allow adjusting how power loss is handled, they have 3 settings, on/off/keep state; which I'd obviously set them to keep their state. Have lost power in the middle of the night a couple times and it's not fun to suddenly be woken up by your lights turning back on by themselves when power comes back.

Various. All 3 of the below are Hey! Smart Light LED 3m strips.

I have one in my office which i put on 100% brightness, white when on Teams calls. At night it goes off, or down to 25% or lower purple.

My son has one around his bed which he has at 1% through the night, colour dependant on mood.

My daughter has one in her room around a book shelf, which she has on pink until she wants to go to sleep, and then she switches it off.

We don't need a night light on the landing as we have a Ring Chime Pro which has a built-in night light.

All of our overhead lights and the one lamp are smart bulbs, and are all a variant of white. The kitchen lights are set to 100% brightness, the lamp which is the mail source of light for the living room is around 50%, I think the other 2 rooms are 100% brightness as well. I have a strip light in my room that I have at 25% brightness and set to red (does not kill your night vision) and have it programmed to turn on at night and off at 0700.

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/11/2021 at 11:12, Nurego said:

Hmmm, looks really interesting. Now I am thinking to get it for my property in Barcelona here, would be cool to change color of the room from time to time. 

Ordered it today, waiting for it to arrive in 3-5 days. When I install it I will post pictures here