Do you overall trust your Government?

Do you trust your government overall?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust your Government

• Yes
    • No
    • Other, i.e somewhat, please explain below
  2. 2. What area of the world do you live in?

3. 3. Has your opinion changed since this global pandemic?

• Yes, my views/opinions have changed for the better
    • Yes, my views/opinions have changed for the worse
    • No, my view/opinion has not changed

I am very curious about the mindset of others here, and I am not limiting this just to the US Government, I am very interested to see what your opinion(s) are.

USA resident here.  Doesn't matter what side is in charge; they don't actually care about the general population.  Whether an idea is proposed by red or blue, it's automatically hated by the other side.  It's not necessarily bad that one side isn't in unanimous control, but it does mean that nothing generally gets done since all they do is fight each other.  That or they have to bribe each other with irrelevant junk that gets thrown into every bill. 

All of us peasants get to sit back and hope that the infinite debt and spending doesn't crash the economy or screw over the next generations.

On 10/12/2021 at 15:50, Astra.Xtreme said:

USA resident here.  Doesn't matter what side is in charge; they don't actually care about the general population.  Whether an idea is proposed by red or blue, it's automatically hated by the other side.  It's not necessarily bad that one side isn't in unanimous control, but it does mean that nothing generally gets done since all they do is fight each other.  That or they have to bribe each other with irrelevant junk that gets thrown into every bill. 

All of us peasants get to sit back and hope that the infinite debt and spending doesn't crash the economy or screw over the next generations.

Very well stated, and I would have to say that you are correct.

The founders created the US with a floor to ceiling approach. they knew government was a necessary evil, however the people have the power to reign in

tyrannical leaders. What is deemed Deep state wants a centralized government, police force, centralized everything, just about. the founders never intended for there

to be actual parties, Dems, GOP, etc.

So many evils, and we have been blinded by movies, movie stars, athletes, and the like, and we have also been distracted by our devices, smartphones, tablets etc.

We've lost our ability to communicate.

8b8b5da0c24c7416.png.b85dd11a5eba70b62411e76152d56dba.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

UK citizen here and only a fool would trust our government. Their mind set is one rule for then and another rule for everyone else. We are under a 'do as I say, not as I do' government and when they get called up on their cr@p, they circle the wagons and use distraction tactics.

Unfortunately, I can see anyone else beating them in the next election either.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 15:35, jnelsoninjax said:

I am very curious about the mindset of others here, and I am not limiting this just to the US Government, I am very interested to see what your opinion(s) are.

Want to make it North American and South America? Or if you live in that half the world do you only get to answer if you're American? :)

• Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 16:29, SidVicious said:

Poll is missing a few regions.
No politician can be trusted.

Yes. North America, Central America, South America, Africa, and Antarctica are missing.

On 10/12/2021 at 15:50, Astra.Xtreme said:

Could not have said it better. Thanks for saving me from having to type all that out! :)

On 14/12/2021 at 11:23, Dick Montage said:

Antarctica has no government, but it is governed by a legally binding set of international agreements.

Yeah I was 🤔 why he included it 🤣

Anyway - my opinion even if people go to the government with good intentions they either start changing or get booted out - you have to a of a "special" kind of mindset to become a politician. Which includes different standards that I would be living by.

So no.. I never trusted any government - some are just better then others but there is never a Perfect government - not even close.

On 14/12/2021 at 20:01, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Yeah I was 🤔 why he included it 🤣

The question was: "What area of the world do you live in?" Antarctica could be a valid answer.

A more interesting poll would be if people even cared enough to hold corrupt politicians to account, it seems like it's open season for corruption in the US and UK at the moment.

• Thanks 1

On 14/12/2021 at 12:23, Steven P. said:

A more interesting poll would be if people even cared enough to hold corrupt politicians to account, it seems like it's open season for corruption in the US and UK at the moment.

It has always been - it is just more obvious at the moment :hmmm:

As much as I was hated for voting GOP, those I DID vote for were largely unbought - which is all I've ever wanted from government - at any level . (That mantra definitely applied for both the GOP governors since Spiro Agnew - though it did NOT apply to Agnew himself; however, the Democrats since Agnew were - by and large - more corrupt than Agnew - of whom it could be said that he curdled milk at fifty paces.)  Governor Hogan's regional approach to Medicaid at the state level was atypical, and echoed by Beshear in Kentucky -  for the same reasons which I pointed out - and it actually contributed to my surviving the onslaught of three different cancer tumors - which I pointed out here on Neowin - all too often, you can't take a single-state approach to fighting off a serious OR possibly fatal illness - such as a cancer.  (While I had my chemo and radiation treatment in Maryland- where I live, the same was not true of my surgeries - all of those were in Virginia.)

On 14/12/2021 at 22:18, PGHammer said:

As much as I was hated for voting GOP, those I DID vote for were largely unbought - which is all I've ever wanted from government - at any level . (That mantra definitely applied for both the GOP governors since Spiro Agnew - though it did NOT apply to Agnew himself; however, the Democrats since Agnew were - by and large - more corrupt than Agnew - of whom it could be said that he curdled milk at fifty paces.)  Governor Hogan's regional approach to Medicaid at the state level was atypical, and echoed by Beshear in Kentucky -  for the same reasons which I pointed out - and it actually contributed to my surviving the onslaught of three different cancer tumors - which I pointed out here on Neowin - all too often, you can't take a single-state approach to fighting off a serious OR possibly fatal illness - such as a cancer.  (While I had my chemo and radiation treatment in Maryland- where I live, the same was not true of my surgeries - all of those were in Virginia.)

Are you saying that had different candidates won, you could have died because you wouldn't have been able to get the cancer treatment you needed?

Also I am confused, I thought all republican supporters were against any socially mandated healthcare system because they hate helping less fortunate people get the healthcare they need (even though private insurance works exactly the same way, just not through the different scary "tax" title) and private insurance can also deny cover for certain treatments.