amd cpu + nvidia gpu, any real implications?

I currently have an AMD cpu and gpu installed, running great. But I'm considering upgrading the gpu to a RTX 30 series, is there any negatives going with an Nvidia gpu, other than losing SBAR?

• 4 weeks later...

I have 5950x and Nvidia 3080ti. One thing I found is that AMD software for chipset etc is utter garbage, was causing stuttering in games for me. I just let Windows Update install drivers for it and then installed the latest Geforce Drivers without another garbage called Geforce Experience and everything works perfect.

On 08/02/2022 at 15:25, OldGuru said:

I just let Windows Update install drivers for it and then installed the latest Geforce Drivers without another garbage called Geforce Experience and everything works perfect.

That's bad, you know. Windows doesn't have the latest drivers. But if it works for you, hurrah!

• Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 16:01, Mindovermaster said:

That's bad, you know. Windows doesn't have the latest drivers. But if it works for you, hurrah!

Actually it does for x570 platform at least. My 5950x stock settings with PBO enabled scores 292xx in Cinebench R23, also beats Alder Lake in CPUz, and in all games. I am on Windows 11 Pro. Memory is CL14 DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, two M2 drives each Samsung 980 Pro and 3  SATA 6 SSD Samsung 870 Evo. No HDD. Nvidia 3080 ti FE, stock settings and the board is Asus x570 Strix - E

Edited by OldGuru