Google home device, very laggy, any way to fix?

So let me start by saying I have a Goggle home 'smart clock' in the living room, and all it does is turn on/off the household lights. Lately though when we give it the command to turn on a light, there is sometimes a noticeable delay >10 seconds or greater from the command being given to Google responding OK and turning on/off the device. I have unplugged and re-plugged in the power to the clock, and that has not made any difference (lag is still present) I really do not know what else to try as far as troubleshooting goes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what/where I should try next?

If it's the Lenovo Smart Clock, I am facing this issue too. It has become laggy and slow with firmware updates. The same devices turn on/off faster through Alexa.

On 22/01/2022 at 09:10, MS Bob 11 said:

If it's the Lenovo Smart Clock, I am facing this issue too. It has become laggy and slow with firmware updates. The same devices turn on/off faster through Alexa.

It is indeed the Lenovo, so it is turning into an apple device with the deliberate slow downs via firmware update? Is there anyway to revert the firmware to older versions?

Unfortunately not. Many Internet of ###### Things devices are facing this issue due to mandatory and automatic updates. My 1st gen Facebook Portal has slowed down, the Lenovo Smart Clock has slowed down. So far, Echo Dot 3rd gen is performing optimally. In fact, Amazon shipped some update to reduce the waiting time between when it speaks sentences.

On 22/01/2022 at 09:30, MS Bob 11 said:

Unfortunately not. Many Internet of ###### Things devices are facing this issue due to mandatory and automatic updates. My 1st gen Facebook Portal has slowed down, the Lenovo Smart Clock has slowed down. So far, Echo Dot 3rd gen is performing optimally. In fact, Amazon shipped some update to reduce the waiting time between when it speaks sentences.

I use an echo dot in my room, but all of the lights were initially set under Google and despite them all being compatible with Amazon, some of the items simply don't work right (one room will turn off with Echo/Alexa, but not back on) etc.