Halo: TV Series on Paramount Plus

On 02/05/2022 at 02:30, sava700 said:

Ok so I watched the first EP.... waited to watch those up till today and I'm disappointed. The first ep was bait and nothing more.

So far there was more action in the first 10minutes of the 1st ep than all the others combined.

So far its nothing more than a very long annoying soap opera with very little action if any.  I think I have two more EPS to catch up till today so I'm hopeful I see someone shooting something soon.

Episode 5 has a good chunk of action again.  I also suspect more action in 7 or 8.   There's still world building going on in this season.  You have to take into account that the show is going after people who haven't played any of the games or read any of the books, first timers.   So you have to explain things, it can't all be pew pew and explosions.  

Finished watching 7 and it was by far the worst ep of them all so far... not sure why they keep focusing on this one path of the story when it seems bad.

On 07/05/2022 at 20:27, sava700 said:

Finished watching 7 and it was by far the worst ep of them all so far... not sure why they keep focusing on this one path of the story when it seems bad.

I thought 7 was the best so far. Not sure why so many do not like Kwan (if that isn't what you like). She seems be central to the story, so people better get used to it.

They're adding more importance to the planet, Madrigal, in this timeline and with the Kwan stuff.   There could be more to her character but fans just want to see MC and pew pew, at least a chunk of them.   

Spoiler

I thought the fact there's what looks like a Monitor on the planet and the Mystics Kwan finds have Forerunner glyphs all over their stuff/tents could be pretty interesting.  Some fans are already thinking that the planet is a old discarded shield world.    I think there could be a gate/portal to the Halo ring there, or at least the Monitor in the well we see should know where to go.  

Two episodes left, we'll know what's going on next ep for sure as I expect the final ep will be mostly, if not all, action as both sides race to get to the ring.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 22:45, techbeck said:

Last episode was good IMO.  Hopefully S2 doesn't take forever. 

They should be done filming it or close to it.    

Spoiler

But still, uhh... I'm cool with the whole alternate timeline bit, but that part at the end with Cortana taking over MCs body was pretty eh.    I don't know if it's permanent now, the way the episode ends you can't tell.   I hope it's not because that's a huge bait and switch that they never had to do.   Chief is the badass himself, Cortana is just tech support, that's it.   

If they use this incident though, going into s2, as a way to explain why he's like he is in the game and more business, less talk, because it's a side effect of what she did, then maybe I can overlook it.   I don't know though, going off of YT posts game fans for sure hate the show to death.