Database of Country, Code, Dial Code, Date & Time

Question

Hi,

Working on an app where I need to have a list of Country (Australia), Country Code (AU), Dial Code (61), Short Date Format, Long Date Format, Short Time Format, Long Time Format.

Searched high and low and nothing I could find contains a succinct information.

Is there a global list/database available with above information that I can use? Happy with CSV, JSON, XML or other format that I can convert as needed.

Cheers :)

5 answers to this question

What language/framework are you using? Here's a list of country codes, names and dial codes in JSON. You're framework (e.g. CultureInfo in C#) should be able to provide you date formats for each region. https://gist.github.com/anubhavshrimal/75f6183458db8c453306f93521e93d37

• Like 1

Hello,

Some of the information you are looking for can be found in the following locations:

While that is not everything you are looking for, they should provide a starting point.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 31/01/2022 at 20:09, virtorio said:

What language/framework are you using? Here's a list of country codes, names and dial codes in JSON. You're framework (e.g. CultureInfo in C#) should be able to provide you date formats for each region. https://gist.github.com/anubhavshrimal/75f6183458db8c453306f93521e93d37

Thanks. I was originally using that but hoping that there will be a standard date time formats that go along for each country. Turns out that it is not tied to the country but rather the region and the language so more work is needed from my part. After that I am just using the .NET culture collection to extract what I needed. Looks like some refactoring is needed on my part.

Unfortunately, there is no single global list or database that contains all the requested information in a succinct format. However, you can find open-source libraries and APIs that provide country-related data, including country codes, dial codes, and date/time formats. These resources often offer data in formats like JSON or XML that you can easily convert for your app's needs,