What is a Crypto Airdrop: Why Projects Airdrop Crypto?

What is a Crypto Airdrop: Why Projects Airdrop Crypto?

Crypto airdrops occur when new tokens are freely distributed to different wallets in order to drive initial growth and build a community. They represent a popular marketing tactic that new projects use to spread awareness of their brand and products in the cryptocurrency space. An airdrop is a useful way to promote a token and its utility to the market. It can also be used to reward users for completing simple tasks such as posting a campaign on social media or reviewing a particular feature.

The benefits of a cryptocurrency airdrop are numerous because it helps teams and end-users build sustainable long-term communities surrounding blockchain-based projects. In a nutshell, airdrops occur when a project decides to distribute tokens for free. Usually only small amounts are given out, but they might appreciate to a significant value if the project takes off.

https://phemex.com/academy/what-is-a-crypto-airdrop

Basically, I'm against any airdrop that tries to de-anonymize its participants by collecting their email, discord/twitter handles, etc.

In Web3, my public key is my login and my private key is my password. That's all that's usually required to use a web3 website. It's pretty awesome. 

On 17/02/2022 at 18:43, NFT_QUEEN said:

in Web3, my public key is my login and my private key is my password. That's all that's usually required to use a web3 website. It's pretty awesome. 

Until you try to cash out to USD then your dreams of anonymity hit a brick wall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer

Airdrops are one of those laugh out loud stupid features that just make you scratch your head and ask "how the hell did people not think this through"