Issue with my PC

Hi,

I received an email from amazon that was a little unusual so I called them and the CS person who said yes, it is from us. She had me open the email and to follow what the said to do so i did so. At the end of the conversation she said to let her check something  so i did. She came back to me and said it wasnt from them after all. So now I am wondering if I should wipe out my windows 10 OS and just install windows 11, like i was going to do eventually, to be on the safe side incase i get malware or infected. 

Do you guys recommend doing this?

TIA

On 11/03/2022 at 16:00, virtorio said:

What did the e-mail say to do?

my account was locked and i needed to verify it was me and she told me to hit proceed so i did. I didnt give any important info regarding CC info or bank accounts .... etc

Edited by Bruinator

On 11/03/2022 at 16:04, Bruinator said:

my account was locked and i needed to verify it was me and she told me to hit proceed so i did. I didnt give any important any info regarding CC info or bank accounts .... etc

Wait so you logged in to "Amazon" from a fake email.

Then the issue is actually securing you real amazon account... Not your PC

On 11/03/2022 at 15:12, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I would also recommend adding Two Factor Authentication to your Amazon account.

• Like 2

If you didn't download anything you're PC is probably fine. Run a malware scan (using something like Malwarebytes) if you're worried.
If you submitted your account details to that site then change your password, enable two factor authentication and maybe double check that your account details haven't been changed in any way.

On 11/03/2022 at 16:12, E.Worm Jimmy said:

the attatchment said to secure my account so it was me i believe. I prefer not to open it again.

On 11/03/2022 at 16:14, Joe User said:

I would also recommend adding Two Factor Authentication to your Amazon account.

it has one for 2 years now.

Got one of those Last week, it was fake, they are trying to get your password, knew mine was fake right off the bat from the E-mail header (looked at the from -> n‌o-឴r‍ep‎l‌y‎@𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗼𝗻.𝗰𝗼𝗺 <Bunch of fake crap I won't put here@gmail.com>

best thing to tell someone is go to Amazon on your own link and make sure you can sign in ok if any issues use the help links on the site itself.

Hel‌l឴o‎,­

We‍ ­h‌a‍ve ­te‍mp­o឴r‌a­r឴ily‍ ឴loc‌ked឴ ­your‍ A‎ma឴z‎o឴n ac‎c‍ou‌nt a‎n឴d‌ ­ar‎e‎ ho‎ld‎ing‍ ‍all ‍pe឴n‎di‌ng o‌rd឴e­r­s‎.­

We‌ t‍o­o‍k ­th­is ‌ac‌tio‌n‌ be឴ca‌us‎e‍ ­the­ b‌illing ‌inf឴ormat‎io‌n឴ yo‌u pr‌o‌v‌ide឴d឴ did‌ ­no឴t‎ ma‎t឴ch឴ ‌t‌h‎e‎ i‌n឴for‌m‍at឴i‌o឴n­ ‌reco‎rded ‍a឴t the car឴d i឴ss‎ue­r.

T‍o reso‌l‎v឴e ‍this ‌iss‍ue,឴ p‍l­ea‎s឴e ve឴r឴i­f឴y­ n­ow‎ wit­h­ ­t‍h‎e­ bil‍li­ng ‎name,­ add‌r‍ess ‎a­n­d឴ ­p‎ho឴ne nu­m‍be‍r‌ s឴to‎red on­ y឴ou‍r឴ cr‌e­d‎i‎t ­ca឴rd. I‍f ‌you rec‍en‎t‌ly‎ ­mov‌e‍d,‌ yo‌u ឴ma‍y­ n‎ee‌d‍ ‌t‌o឴ ­u‎pdat‌e‍ thi‍s i‌n‎f­o‌rm‍atio­n­ w‎ith‌ th឴e‎ ca឴r­d‌ ‎issue‍r឴.

If‎ you‍ ‌do‌ n‌ot co‎mpl‎e‌te឴ ‌t‍he឴ ve­ri‎fic឴atio឴n‍ ‎p‎r឴oc­e‎ss‌ ឴w­i‌t‍h­i឴n឴ ‌3‍ d‍ay‍s‌,឴ a‌l­l ­p‎en‍d­ing឴ o‎rder­s឴ w‎ill឴ ‌be‎ ca‌nc‍ele‌d­ a­nd‍ yo‌ur ‎a‎c឴c឴ount‌ ­permane‌nt឴l­y­ l‌o឴c‌ked‎.­

W‎e ‌ap‎o‍l‍o‍giz‌e‎ ‍f‍or ឴an‎y‌ i‌nc‎o‌n‌ven឴ien឴ce‎ ឴thi‌s‌ ‍m‍ay‎ ­ha‍ve ‎ca឴u‌se឴d‎.­
Th឴ank‎ ­yo឴u‎ ­f­or‎ your­ ឴at឴t­ent­i‌on.

S‎inc­erely‍,‌
Am‍azo‎n.‌co­m