Morbius is being slammed as the worst Marvel movie ever

8kuzthPMsrKjoP4uHxHX2M-970-80.jp.png

There’s no simpler way to put this: Morbius has been annihilated by critics. 

After the phenomenal success of Spider-Man: No Way Home, it was hoped that Sony’s next Marvel movie might inherit at least some of the webslinger’s magic – but, instead, reviews suggest Morbius could be among the very worst films of the year. 

Before diving into those reactions, though, a brief synopsis: Morbius stars Jared Leto as a scientist-turned-vampiric anti-hero who must come to terms with his newfound lust for blood. The movie takes place in the same universe as Tom Hardy's Venom, and hits theaters worldwide on April 1 (UK audiences can catch it a day earlier on March 31).

Let’s kick off with the Rotten Tomatoes overview. According to the review aggregator site, Morbius currently wears a heavy 19% critics rating – based on the reactions of 63 accredited journalists – around its neck. For context, that number puts the movie in a worse position than 2019's X-Men flick Dark Phoenix and even 1995’s Judge Dredd on the site’s ranking of the worst-reviewed superhero movies ever. Ouch.

Source: https://www.techradar.com/news/morbius-is-being-slammed-as-the-worst-marvel-movie-ever

Here's a trailer:

I'm no fan of Jay Leno but the trailer doesn't look bad, so IDK will probably give it a watch.

On 31/03/2022 at 22:30, Steven P. said:

I'm no fan of Jay Leno but the trailer doesn't look bad, so IDK will probably give it a watch.

Jay Leno? 😜

• Haha 3

Jared Leto comes across (to me) as an actor who has it in them to deliver great performances when paired with an amazing script, amazing director and so on.  But he's inconsistent - more fails than wins recently - and apparently hard to work with.  I didn't see his attachment to this to be a good thing, and really beyond the very much Disney affiliated (read: guided) Spider-Man franchise, Sony's handling of Marvel properties feels like it's still the early 2000s.