New Cooler Installed Today..A Couple Questions

Previously with stock cooler i was approaching 94C while gaming and other tasks,     Family member told me well it ran hot alot since your always using the Computer,  is that true? or false?

Cooler Installed by PC Shop locally was Freezer 7 X by Arctic 

Is it adviseable to  use system same way i did with the former Stock Cooler, or should i make changes, and use system a bit less than i did previously?

originally purchased from Amazon a Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 Black, but had some problems installing, so had to see what shop would do for a  cooler, and settled on that one

94C while gaming on a 10700 with the terrible stock cooler was to be expected. Even if you put the computer under full CPU load for 10 minutes it would likely hit 90c with the stock cooler, especially while gaming which will load up the GPU and therefore the overall temperature inside the case too. 

The Freezer 7 X is a low-end cooler, but should still keep the CPU below 90C even while under full load for extended periods of time. You don't need to use it less. 

Edited by ZakO
  • Like 2

Oh ok flew,   Originally i was gonna get a higher end cooler, but had problems installing the Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 Black myself for first time,  had no extra thermal paste to put on the terrible stock one for now,  so i was like ok shop it is.     and just accepted whatever they thought was best for the case and CPU, as not that great at cooler selection that best suits processor

Somehow the mounting bracket screw got stuck in the backplate little spacer thing, not sure if i did it wrong or what,    When i removed the Black Rock cooler from the box to get all the parts out, the cap over the thermal paste fell off,  struggled getting it back on til i was ready to remove it really,  it scraped the thermal paste during that.   Well at Least i gave it a shot, and wasn't too scared at trying it,  though didn't work out way i hoped it would.    Think last time i'll try a cooler install myself lol

Edited by bikeman25

On 12/05/2022 at 19:41, bikeman25 said:

Oh ok flew,   Originally i was gonna get a higher end cooler, but had problems installing the Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 Black myself for first time,  had no extra thermal paste to put on the terrible stock one for now,  so i was like ok shop it is.     and just accepted whatever they thought was best for the case and CPU, as not that great at cooler selection that best suits processor

Somehow the mounting bracket screw got stuck in the backplate little spacer thing, not sure if i did it wrong or what,    When i removed the Black Rock cooler from the box to get all the parts out, the cap over the thermal paste fell off,  struggled getting it back on til i was ready to remove it really,  it scraped the thermal paste during that.   Well at Least i gave it a shot, and wasn't too scared at trying it,  though didn't work out way i hoped it would.    Think last time i'll try a cooler install myself lol

Cooler installs are actually the easiest thing to do on a computer. I would recommend watching a GamersNexus video on it. The thermal paste tube that comes with the BeQuiet coolers is enough for up to 3 installs so there shouldnt be a reason why you couldnt try again.

As for the shop, why did you ask them to install the BeQuiet cooler you already bought? It would've been WAY better than the terrible cooler they installer. I say terrible because it truly isnt that good.

Well 1 i forgot to take the Be Quiet one doh,  picked out one they had.

Secondly there was no tube of thermal paste included in this box, i checked every little bag it had in it,    i gave up since the mounting bracket screw got stuck in the backplate spacer thing that bracket goes on i guess best to explain it,  still can't get the screw out, i believe i was using the right screw for the brackets, or i hope i was lol.     I'll have to watch more videos on that particular topic before i ever try again in the way way future.   

Sometime in the way way future i might get the courage up to try again, but i'm not sure as of yet

If Micro Center was closer i probably would've went there instead and had them fix it up, but since its not--i just chose the shop that originally built system in June 2020.  

Original quote via email was $169.00 for Corasir 240MM AIO, and 45 labor to install

Hence why i decided well i'll buy the Be quiet and attempt do it myself, and stay on Air, as wasn't sure on going AIO

Well get PC to shop guy goes well for 240MM AIO may not fit due to this case, and your memory sticks---would be $199, and $50-80 dollar labor, so i was like well what Air Coolers you have that will be better than stock LGA 1200 one, so ended up with Freezer 7 X

Edited by bikeman25