Zoom in without touch screen

Hi Guys

I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I like that my current laptop has touch screen functionality, I can just pinch and zoom into anything as I would on my phone, it doesn't lose contract or quality either. I find this functionality handy for when I'm using google street view, as I tends to be handy for my work. The standard way of zooming by pressing CTRL + using mouse scroll wheel doesn't work in the same way as it maximises text, boxes etc, whereas the pinch and zoom changes nothing but zooms into what you need. Touch screens tend to be a lot more expensive and don't have the same kind of response times as non touch screens.

My question is, Is there a way of zooming in, keeping the same quality and without moving things around on a non touch screen laptop? This'll help sway my decision.

Thanks in advance!

You shouldn’t need to use the CTRL along with the mouse scroll wheel.  Just the mouse scroll wheel.

• Like 2

On 23/05/2022 at 01:56, primortal said:

You shouldn’t need to use the CTRL along with the mouse scroll wheel.  Just the mouse scroll wheel.

Thank you! I can't believe I didn't try that. I also found an extension if this thread is useful for anyone in the future - Mouse Pinch-To-Zoom on the Chrome web store for scrolling elsewhere in their browser.

On 22/05/2022 at 19:56, primortal said:

Wait im confused. WIthout extensions, scroll wheel scrolls the page be it a browser, pdf, etc. How does Scroll wheel WITHOUT CTRL cause it to Zoom? Is this a accessibility option Microsoft added in Windows 10 or am I missing something?

On 23/05/2022 at 20:47, Sikh said:

Wait im confused. WIthout extensions, scroll wheel scrolls the page be it a browser, pdf, etc. How does Scroll wheel WITHOUT CTRL cause it to Zoom? Is this a accessibility option Microsoft added in Windows 10 or am I missing something?

It was in reference to @Sandy zooming in on Google maps nothing more.