How To Fit Full Length 16x Nvidia T-600 Into A 4x Slot ?

Hi,
I am buying a New Dell workstation 3660 . Dell will install two Nvidia T-600 graphics cards which will run 8 monitors.

I have 12 Monitors ( 1920x1200 Resolution )

Now there is only one 4X slot left where another 16X card will not fit which can run 4 leftover monitors.

Is there a way to run 3rd full length 16X graphics card Nvidia T-600 which will run 4 more monitors ?

This workstation does have latest USB 3.2 Type C ports & two Display Ports.

Can I use a 4X to 16X Riser card & place 3rd graphics card there ? Would the bandwidth be enough from 4X slot ?

Has anyone tried anything that works ?

Any other ideas ?

Thank You

Looking at this system it appears to have 1 16x and 2 4x PCIe slots.  So even with your current dual GPU configuration, Dell is installing one of the T-600's in the bottom x4 slot (it appears to be open ended) and it is labeled as Gen4. (PCIe4 x4).  

The other PCIe3 x4 is right above the x16 slot.  Unfortunately, it appears to be closed at the end....so you couldn't just plop a full length into it.

Regarding the x4 to x16 riser...I do not have any doubts it would work, technically.  Practically though....where are you going to put everything?

I'm basing this on the service manual since there doesn't seem to be much in the way of other information...

https://dl.dell.com/content/manual59803069-precision-3660-tower-service-manual.pdf?language=en-us&ps=true

Might be able to get quad display out of the motherboard with the 2x DP 1.4 ports???

... that's a lot of monitors...

Some monitors (more expensive) do have DP daisy-chain. You plug one end from the computer to your monitor, there's an DP output on your monitor that you can connect the other monitor to it.

On 26/05/2022 at 20:16, Jim K said:

Looking at this system it appears to have 1 16x and 2 4x PCIe slots.  So even with your current dual GPU configuration, Dell is installing one of the T-600's in the bottom x4 slot (it appears to be open ended) and it is labeled as Gen4. (PCIe4 x4). 

Jim, You have probably more info on this system than anyone I know so Thank You.

I spent days but could not find the motherboard layout so don't know how & where they are going to put 2 Nvidia T-600 & may be they have a special motherboard with two X16 slots for those who want two cards.

For 3rd card would Riser Cable shown below work ? It will allow freedom for 3rd card ? 

https://www.amazon.com/CERRXIAN-Express-Female-Mining-Extension/dp/B086GKWDHJ

Someone raised the question & I don't know the answer so I am quoting "The 12700 has 20 PCIe lanes. What is the bandwidth to each of the T-600 cards"

They also said that " i7 12700 supports only 4 monitors " So what is the use of 3 GPUs ?

On 26/05/2022 at 20:16, Jim K said:

Might be able to get quad display out of the motherboard with the 2x DP 1.4 ports???

... that's a lot of monitors...

I have been using 12 for last 10 years on Dell T-7500 & I love it so would like to keep it that way. Other comparable with 2 x16, 1 x8, 1x4 is Older Dell 5820 ( 2019 ) which costs more & has old USB 2.0 & 3.1 ports. Dell Precision 3660 is newest ( 2022 ) Model but many feel it is just a desktop & not a workstation.

Would 2 x DP & 2 x 3.2 Type C run 4 monitors ? ( All 12 Monitors are 24 inch ( 1920x1200 )

I'd love to see a pic of your setup. 😄