Can't decide between these Dell Monitors

I'm undecisive between these Dell Monitors.
They range between 24" and 27", mostly QHD and 2x options are UHD.

Price range (equivalent of Mexican Pesos to  current USD) is $350 up to $650. However even $500 is stretching the budget

Been using Dell monitors for 16 years so don't plan on changing that soon

Adding newegg.com links as REFERNCE. I'm in Mexico so I'm avoiding linking the sites in Spanish.

P2423DE
$380

P2723D
$415

P2723QE
$530

U2520D

$450

U2722D

$480

U2722DE

$520

U2723QE

$650

I'm kinda of a rush, need to buy them by May the 31st (this Tuesday). Not only do the online sales ends, also need to increase my expenses from a tax point of view by the end of the month.

So what am I looking for??....

It's a SFF desktop that's 100% work oriented and it's going to be paired with a 22" turned vertical and a 24" horizontal. So I'm going to have 3 displays. Tried going back to 2 displays, nope...can't do that. My productivity went downhill. I don't do any video or photo editing. I do however have some Excels, some production work (on websites), video conferencing, share screen, constant whatsapp interaction with clients, PDFs comparisions side by side (use FoxIt and Acrobat for PDFs comparision), minor editing on canva.com like adding numbers and nanmes for a new prospect (another person in the office actually does the mayor editing)  and of course Windows Explorer

As reference, at home I have a 40" TV UDH split in two, ALSO have a 22" vertical and a 20" horizontal. So at home I'm used watching 4 screens at the same time. (attached photo)

Haven't used QHD on 24" or 27", much less UHD on thos sizes, so can't imagine how small things will get. Got 20/20 eyesight but still, small is small.
If I went the UDH route, then would scale Windows to 125%. That's what I have at home on the 40".

I'm mainly inclined for the P2723QE . It has 4K and futurproof Ethernet.

The "P" series are good monitors, but the Ultra are well, still Ultra. Will it make a difference?

Using my 40" UHD as reference, I opened Excel and 'marked' how much area I would be seeing at QHD and UHD bumped to 125% scaling. Turns out the UHD does show a good chunk more. However I'm looking at my 40", not a 27". One thing is Excel and another is actually stress on the eyes.

The decision mainly rests on QHD or UHD, from there it's another filter. If going QHD route, then I'm thinking U2520D or U2722D

What's your experience on high resolutions on small monitors? 
Don't know if I'll split the UHD in 2 , as I do on my 40" at home.

home @ 4 displays.jpeg

Edited by freedonX
  • Like 2

"What's your experience on high resolutions on small monitors? "

I have an LG 27GN950 that I use vertically for software development. The text is extremely sharp; I use it at 150% scaling.

• 27in QHD, things will not be small, and scaling is not needed. As a general rule, if the PPI lands around 109 PPI or under, no scaling is needed.
  • 24in QHD, things will be a little small without scaling, but I found it manageable. I think Windows recommends 125% scaling, but 125% scaling tends to suck (Best scaling is in 100% increments, next best is 50%). I do not recommend going this route unless you are not going to use scaling.
  • 27in UHD, things will be very small without scaling. Windows recommends 150%

I use a two monitor setup:

• 1. LG 38BN95C-W
  • 2. LG GN950950

IMG_0904.jpg

Edited by adrynalyne
  • Like 2

On 29/05/2022 at 21:19, freedonX said:

I did get it. QHD is fine with 24. 27 isn't good on QHD and for UHD on a 27 text will be super small.

I think QHD is probably fine on 27 but I wouldn’t go bigger than that, size-wise. It has a similair PPI as my 38in 3840x1600 monitor. 

I was fine with QHD on 24 but it is a bit small, so keep that in mind. 

Think I'm going for the P2723D. As a side note, typed in the wrong price. It's $370, coincidence the lowest price, however that wasn't the reason choosing it. Thinking in a monitor that will work for me right now and "the day after tomorrow" when I get a better monitor, I can give this to person who does editing. 
Seems I don't need USB C nor Ethernet, even though it's futureproof. Haven't had a situation I've needed them. Nor daisy-chain at this moment