PSU making strange noise.

Hi.
This strange noise is happening when I play any game and seems to be coming from my PSU. Concerned something may be going bad but I need to be for sure.
The sound starts when I start up any game, and instantly stops upon exit.

The only sound a PSU should make, is that of the fan when it reaches it's temp control point. Modern supplies are really quiet, maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200/1500 RPMs, so .. pretty quiet.

Any other sound, I'd replace it like +War is pointing too.

Yea, sounds like a cap already or ready to blow. Get that replaced ASAP..

On 16/06/2022 at 23:25, Mindovermaster said:

Yea, sounds like a cap already or ready to blow. Get that replaced ASAP..

Just unplugged.

Should I remove the PSU entirely while I await my options on what to do, or is a simple unplugging of the main power good enough for now?

On 16/06/2022 at 23:04, WTHRZ said:

Just unplugged.

Should I remove the PSU entirely while I await my options on what to do, or is a simple unplugging of the main power good enough for now?

Just unplug power, yeah. Unless you have a house fire or a tornado, it shouldn't harm any of your hardware. ;)

On 17/06/2022 at 00:18, Mindovermaster said:

Just unplug power, yeah. Unless you have a house fire or a tornado, it shouldn't harm any of your hardware. ;)

So, I have an update.

Unfortunately, I can't RMA the unit (because i bought the PSU from a bargain center, never doing that again by the way), but EVGA's guy says it's just coil whine.

Now, just in case there may have been a lost point, we ARE talking about the buzzing, right? If the dunk dunk wump sound at the end gave the impression, then that wasn't the PSU.)