Issues with Nvidia latest drivers.

Already made the comment in the latest news post about Nvidia's latest drivers so I'll just copy and paste my issue here but anybody having issues with these as well as the last release with whatever the graphics switching tech is called Nvidia and Intel came up with on laptops? After installing the last two drivers that came out it seems to break it, so my Nvidia card doesn't get used and my second monitor doesn't work... Had no issues prior to the last driver release and now these. Any idea what's going on? 

• Like 1

You should post this issue on the official feedback thread for the Nvidia driver, the driver version that started the issue you say. If you are not sure which driver started the issue, just post this on one of the newer ones. Nvidia's driver engineers monitor these threads and the issue should be picked up soon hopefully. :) 

Here are the feedback threads for the most recent two Nvidia drivers:

And as a workaround just use the driver that actually worked.

Additionally you can also use Windows to configure apps that you want your discrete GPU to run:

1. Right click on the desktop
  2. Go to "Display settings"
  3. Scroll down to "Graphics settings"
  4. Here under the "Graphics performance preference" section you can allot the apps the way you want to run. There are two options: 1) High performance: this uses discrete GPU, 2) Power saving: this uses integrated graphics

Nvidia's drivers also provide these options in the "Manage 3D settings" which can be accessed via the "Nvidia Control Panel": https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/11230/how-to-adjust-switchable-graphics-for-nvidia-based-gpus

On 29/06/2022 at 02:02, hellowalkman said:

You should post this issue on the official feedback thread for the Nvidia driver, the driver version that started the issue you say. If you are not sure which driver started the issue, just post this on one of the newer ones. Nvidia's driver engineers monitor these threads and the issue should be picked up soon hopefully. :) 

Here are the feedback threads for the most recent two Nvidia drivers:

I will definitely post something there. I'm sure I've dodged some bullets but this is the first time I've ever had a major issue with Nvidia's drivers that I didn't even know they had feedback threads for their drivers.

On 29/06/2022 at 02:10, hellowalkman said:

And as a workaround just use the driver that actually worked.

Additionally you can also use Windows to configure apps that you want your discrete GPU to run:

1. Right click on the desktop
  2. Go to "Display settings"
  3. Scroll down to "Graphics settings"
  4. Here under the "Graphics performance preference" section you can allot the apps the way you want to run. There are two options: 1) High performance: this uses discrete GPU, 2) Power saving: this uses integrated graphics

Nvidia's drivers also provide these options in the "Manage 3D settings" which can be accessed via the "Nvidia Control Panel": https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/11230/how-to-adjust-switchable-graphics-for-nvidia-based-gpus

I haven tried that trick but I don't think it'll work. I'm just staying on the drivers that are working right now and calling it a day until I hear a fix.

• Like 1