[Neowin War] Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo

,Feb 22 2004, 00:38] Yeah I just played on there again and in Assault mod is was laggy as fruck, it was ok in Onslaught... still don't fancy my chances. Too many good players out there at the mo (Y)

We can have a good laugh just watching peeps get fragged :) What username will you have? Mine's gonna be the same as here.

Mine'll be kick

Hey xStainDx I know. I got lag too when the real match started. Never mind, I would have lost anyway.

You guys are really good btw :)

Thanks again tim (Y)

Enjoy the rest of the match...

Lag issues appear to be related to time. That is, as time goes on, lag goes up :unsure:

You don't have:

1. Enough CPU power

2. Router is too slow

3. Not enough bandwidth

4. Too many players.

or

5. all of the above.

Packetloss is atrributed to packet collision errors.. :(

2. Router is too slow

3. Not enough bandwidth

With 11Gbps going into the data center, I kind of doubt that. This isn't being hosted out of my house.

However, I do agree with the 1st and 4th points. I'm running a 2.4Ghz P4 with 512MB RAM. Next time I do this, we'll be limiting to 16 players and I'll probably have a bigger box by then. It's been a learning experience at the very least :)

Drop the max amount of players to 16.

I was skipping around a lot, and had a ping of 112 or so. I would be shooting a gun and dodge... then i'd end up in some totally new place. It was nuts.

All in all, it was mad insane when Deathmatch, and mad fun. I'll be back in whenever I feel like playing the same map again for the 345th time.

the server was great before 8. then once tons of people tried to join up it got really bad. now there aren't many actually in it and it's still really bad lag.

Woo! That was crazy fun... After all the lag went away... Congrats forn1x. ;)

Okay tim, now set up a CS tourney... Or better yet, an original UT tourney!!! No cheaters. :|

who were u myie2_user

i did good in assualt and ctf

i suck at dm and the first one (onslaught i think it was) was way tooo laggy, but it went away