On average how much do you spend on food and drink per week?

15 members have voted

1. 1. On average how much do you spend on food and drink per week?

• $0
    • $1-$5
    • $5-$10
    • $10-$15
    • $15-$20
    • $20-$25
    • $25-$30
    • $30-$35
    • $35-$40
    • $40-$45
    • $45-$50
    • $50-$55
    • $55-$60
    • $60-$65
    • $65-$70
    • $70-$75
    • $75-$80
    • $80-85
    • $85-$90
    • $90-$95
    • $95-$100
    • More than $100 per week.

I crunched the numbers on my food and drink and mine comes to about $36.40 per week, that feeds me and sometimes my gf too.

Mine is 35-40, too, depends on what I get.

Interesting question..

I'd like to know what you're buying for that 36 bucks! The two of clocking at about 110 these days and I'm always looking for ideas to cut it down.

not including groceries I tend to average around 30-40 a week. I really need to cut down on fast food and start bringing food to work.

On 06/08/2022 at 08:29, warwagon said:

I crunched the numbers on my food and drink and mine comes to about $36.40 per week, that feeds me and sometimes my gf too.

What do you mean by food and drink exactly? Do you mean groceries or do you mean fast food...or both? Also, do you mean for alcohol to be included?

• Thanks 1

On 05/08/2022 at 18:40, foolsfolly said:

What do you mean by food and drink exactly? Do you mean groceries or do you mean fast food...or both? Also, do you mean for alcohol to be included?

This is a great question actually. My response above assumed groceries but no fast-food or alcohol. My answer wouldn't have been any different since we don't drink or eat fast-food. We do buy a lot of whole foods (the type, not the store) including fresh eggs from a neighbor and grass fed beef from our local farmers coop.

On 05/08/2022 at 18:40, foolsfolly said:

All things food. So if a person eats out every day, then that would be part of their food budget. So Eating out, drinking, cooking at home... all included in food and drink

Over $100. I eat out at least one meal out 6 days a week. 

I split this budget into 2 categories: Eating out (buying food at restaurant/take out), and Groceries. The eating out wildly varies month to month, but groceries is a bit more consistent. This is for family of 3 in NY (not NYC)

Eating out budget is $150/month. Pre-Covid, we'd typically spend $100-150/month. We mostly spend anywhere from $40-100/month eating out these days.

Groceries budget is $400/month. This used to be $350/month, but everything has gotten more expensive, so now $400/month.