120 GB or 160 GB?

I want to get either a 120 GB or a 160 GB HD. I'm leaning towards Seagate and Western Digital. Also, since Windows XP cannot recognize anything over 127 GB, would I need anything extra if I buy the 160 GB? Thanks and let me know which one is good and better.. also, for dvd burners, whats the difference between the 2 mb cache and the 8 mb. I'm leaning towards pioneer, nec, and sony.

Windows can recognise drives over 127Gb (the 24 bit LBA limit is actually 137Gb) :)

All you need to add support for drives over 137Gb in Windows XP is Service Pack 1 or a stand alone patch from Microsoft to add support for 48bit LBA. :)

I'd go for the bigger drive personally and go for Western Digital with Fluid Bearings - nice drives. As far as DVD burners go, I LOVE my Sony but Pioneer are the alleged "leader of the pack" :)

Thanks guys, also, will i'm planning to buy an external enclosure and a 120 or 160 gig hd from newegg.com. do you think it'll work when i plug it into a mac?

why is the pictures different?

Thats the drive that I have and its fantastic :)

Picture could be different for any reason but the earlier post from KingAndrew was correct - one has software (Nero) the other one doesn't.

120gb should be enough.. I could never fill up that much space :)

go for 160... that's what i said about 120, and i filled it up. my other computer has 160 and it's almost full. you can never have too much space. 160 is only like $40 more, so why not?

Looks like a good deal - one of the cheapest I've seen in the UK is about ?71 (US$135). As I've said before - same drive as mine and its rock solid so far:))

Depending on how much $$ you got, I would go for the bigger hard drive. Just remember to format using NTFS since NTFS can support much larger partition sizes than FAT32. I have a Maxtor 300 GB hard drive and my NTFS partition is 270GB...no problems with performance.

Yeah, right now I have 2 80 GB hard drives so i'm guessing that i should fill these two up first with dvdrips and stuff like that. then go out for a new hd.

yeah i think i'll be getting a 160 gb in the future, and an external exclosure. put the 160 in my main system and take one of the 80 gigs and put it in the external enclosures.