Disney Plus and Hulu Are Both Getting Price Hikes

...because, why not.  Disney+ is also getting an ad-supported tier which costs the same as what you're currently paying.

Disney+ and Hulu will both be receiving price hikes in both their ad-supported and premium tiers, Disney announced today.

The price hike is timed with the impending release of Disney+'s ad-supported tier, which will cost $7.99. The ad-free version, meanwhile, will rise to $10.99 — an increase of $3 per month.

As for Hulu, it will jump $2 per month, rising from $12.99 to $14.99 on October 10. Meanwhile, the ad-supported verion will rise from $6.99 to $7.99.

The price hikes come amid strong subscriber increases for Disney+, which rose to 151 million subscriptions. However, those increases have been tempered by large losses. According to Disney's financials released today, Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ have combined to lose $1.1 billion.

//snip

IGN

Also comes at a time when my current Disney+ 3-year sub is about to run out (which I paid $140 for in 2019).  /sigh

I get the Disney package (Disney, Hulu and ESPN) for free via Verizon Wireless.  Will be interesting to see if that changes at all with this.  

On 11/08/2022 at 16:30, Innervisions33 said:

I get the Disney package (Disney, Hulu and ESPN) for free via Verizon Wireless.  Will be interesting to see if that changes at all with this.  

There will be and additional "tax" applied to your bill to cover the increase 😛

It was funny hearing all the bobbleheads chatter about how Disney+ is great value and not seeing this a mile away.

Come on guys how could anyone not see this coming it probably won't be the last price hike either.

With how all of these streaming services are spending hand over fist to make and get original content it's no surprise that fees are going to go up at some point. 

Disney+ is long past its initial customer acquisition phase.  This is when the prices start to inch up. 

On 11/08/2022 at 17:14, jamietn said:

It was funny hearing all the bobbleheads chatter about how Disney+ is great value and not seeing this a mile away.

Come on guys how could anyone not see this coming it probably won't be the last price hike either.

Who said they weren't expecting a hike?  This is how the world works.