20 year anniversary

Can't believe it's been 20 years since I joined. I don't participate in the forums as often as I used to but do read up on the news/reviews. Neowin survived the .com bust, 2007 market crash,  market corrections and everything in between. :) Not too many places can boast they have people in their forums for 20 years let alone their website active that long unless you're a major corp.

Google was in its infancy, Yahoo, Lycos, Atlavista were popular back then. A/S/L was always the second thing asked in IRC chat, Some names that were there back when I joined here are still around today. Man I feel old.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats i guess ;)

I joined 16 years ago but was a lurker for some time before that. This site helped me run my games on windows 2000 XD ah the good times of being young and have nothing to worry about :D

Congrats!  Made me curious about my status.  I hit 20 years in three months, I can hardly believe it.  I’m an occasional browser here, and only post rarely, but love this place still. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/08/2022 at 13:55, LaP said:

Congrats i guess ;)

I joined 16 years ago but was a lurker for some time before that. This site helped me run my games on windows 2000 XD ah the good times of being young and have nothing to worry about :D

I went to Win95 > Win98 hated 98 found it buggy on my Cyrix CPU and went back to 95OSR2  then ran Win2K beta and then what made it better was the SP. I remember fighting with my first USB DSL modem it wouldn't always be found and had to disconnect and reconnect after a few seconds and it would be running fine rocking 1mbit connection.