Is there any software that i could upload on my tp link router to add a repeater mode?

Question

I've got a tl-wr543g v2 that i've had for ages and since getting a new and a faster main router i'd like to try to use it as a wireless repeater since it's got extended range.Is there any software out there that can do that for me?This is the only 2 operation modes i have for it at the moment with the latest firmware
image.thumb.png.1581cdc5fa6962c4a08bf9b83046044a.png

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I was not able to find alternative firmware like DD-WRT, OpenWRT, or Tomato for the TP-Link TL-WR543G V2. Given that this device is fourteen years old and only supports 802.11b/g, it is possible that it does not have the processing power or storage to act as a repeater.

It is possible there might be some one-off project that someone started to make the device function as a repeater, however, even if there were such a thing, given that the radio hardware only supports the insecure WPA security protocol, it would not be a good idea to use it.

My best suggestion would be to recycle it and look for a more modern and secure solution to extend your wireless network.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky