3DFX V3500TV in RTM

I got a problem installing a 3DFX voodoo 3500 card in XP. It actually installs perfectly and works fine as a standard 3d graphics card. The problem is the TV in/out, Xp actually detects the TV module and installs "Generic TV" aswell as my monitor but there are no controlls for the TV out. I have tried installing the 3DFX drivers for 2000 RC1 (only ones on site) and they fail as I expected... I just wondered if anyone had any info ? Nvidia are no use what-so-ever and have not replied to any of my e-mails regarding support for this card.

Another problem is actually selecting the monitor I want to use. It seems to select the TV as its default and no matter how many times I re-install it, it still uses the TV as its default monitor. Again this doesnt seem to be a problem until I want to use my realmagic card. What then can't display anything to the monitor as it thinks its a TV and switches to its own TV out... basically its a screw up :-) ... I can disable the "generic monitor" in device manager and it will then work... however if windows is detecting the TV module and installing it there must be a way of controlling it ?... any clues ?

Any info would be great :-))

WinXP has very poor / non-existant support for 3DFX cards thanks to Nvidia's unwillingness to give the source code to M$. This means that getting your 3DFX card to run at ALL is a miracle. I hope someone can help you with a generic answer but it seems Nvidia doesn't want anything to do with 3DFX.

It is a shame that 3DFX cards are now obselete thanks to Nvidia... just remember, a TNT2 is like ?30 now (if you can find one) and I'm sure one with TV-Out would be just as cheap. Not that this is a good solution but just an option.

yeah I suspected as much from NVidia not replying to my e-mails... it makes you wonder what the hell they are playing at. I mean Voodoo is a massive brand name and although the later cards wern't upto much I don't see why they are killing it.

It actually I mates PC what I have had here to perform BIOS updats and set his new DVD to RPC1... I have already told him that I didnt hold much hope with 3DFX... its just criminal that he payed 150 quid for this 8 months ago and now cant use it if he wants to uprade to XP.

If anyone understands how the multiple monitor feature works in XP I would appreciate any info as I think if I can solve that then he will be happy with using the real magic for the DVD...