What does this error mean ?

Hi,
I am getting the following error when I boot Windows. ( Win-7 )

What does it mean & would it hurt ? How do I get rid of it ?

jusched.exe
The file or directory C:\Userss\A\AppData\Local\Temp\jusched.log is corrupt and unreadable.Please run the Chkdsk utility.

Thanks

Aside from the weird C:\Userss\A\ path (see the extra s?) the log is a Java update scheduler log which is probably huge in size as well.

Unless you explicitly need Java, go to Programs and Features, remove the Java Run time apps you find there.. After that, go to the Java website, download the latest 32 and 64 bit run times.. Install 32 first then 64...

You could also uninstall Java and not install it until you get a program that requires it.

On 31/08/2022 at 10:04, Steven P. said:

Aside from the weird C:\Userss\A\ path (see the extra s?) the log is a Java update scheduler log which is probably huge in size as well.

Unless you explicitly need Java, go to Programs and Features, remove the Java Run time apps you find there.. After that, go to the Java website, download the latest 32 and 64 bit run times.. Install 32 first then 64...

You could also uninstall Java and not install it until you get a program that requires it.

"You could also uninstall Java and not install it until you get a program that requires it."

Best suggestion!

Run chkdsk doesn't hurt either

Edited by cork1958

Thank You all.

I did run two apps I had & also found that jusched file.

Attaching them here.

I will uninstall on weekend after backing up data.

Really appreciate your suggestions.

Image-1.png

Image-2-.png

Image-3.png

Image-4.png