Laptop suggestions :)

Looking for two kinds of laptop:

-First would be a cheap laptop (compare HP 14-DK1032wm) usually priced around $140-180 on ebay (great condition), but I'm certain there is maybe a laptop from the previous year/gen (intel?) that might actually be a bit more powerful (bang for buck). I'm replacing an old dilapidated HP that had A9 series chip, not a pleasant machine... either brand/model specific, or suggest a 3 year old laptop that still beats such a machine for same price.

-Second, something around the $500-600 range, last gen (or older) gaming. Looking at a few ROGs and Razers on ebay, namely the Strix G531GT. Does that seem like it fits the bill? Can do better for same? (or drastically better for a tiny bit more as odd as that sounds.. it's happened in the past..)

Check this Acer Ryzen 3 3350U laptop for $389 https://www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-46-R14K-Quad-Core-Processor-Backlit/dp/B08VKNVDDR

I am recommending this due to the 6 Vega GPU cores which make it quite capable. Although you are not going to get the full performance of it right off the bat, expect to see close to 2X gains once you add another RAM stick in. :) 

Edit: Another 3350U option for a bit cheaper https://www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-46-R3UB-Display-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B09HVC79PC/

• Like 2

Awesome selection. Thanks for that. Worry not, it isn't for main gaming (my desktop does it). This is for each time I go to Thailand, my lady likes playing stuff, but her PC isn't up to it and she uses it for teaching anyway. Some emu, some SIMs, some Resident Evil.. I don't think she's into Tomb Raider, so I don't need to go all out x)

• Like 1