Which 5 Video Games blew your mind when you first played them?

Final Fantasy III (SNES)

Quake (PC)

The Last of Us (PS4 at the time)

Half-Life (PC)

Half-Life: Alyx (PC)

So many more have made me drop my jaw over time... this list would be lengthy, to say the least. 😁

• 2 months later...

The Chaos Engine (Amiga) - I loved the concept, co-op gameplay and art style of this game. I'd never really played anything like it before.

Half-Life (PC) - Right from the introduction it was like wow, almost like I was playing an interactive movie to the younger me at the time.

Pokemon Gold / Silver (GameBoy) - This took everything that was great about the original Red / Blue and expanded upon it. I always loved the collecting / trading aspect, so it was great you could carry your Pokemon forward from the previous games you'd put 100's of hours in to.

Gears of War (Xbox 360) - The graphics looked insane for the time, the chainsaw / weapons like the hammer of dawn were so fun to use. I loved you could co-op the game too.

Pokemon Go (Mobile) - Who ever thought a game could get you out exploring the real world? this is one of the very few games I think truly offers a unique experience on a mobile device. Also great for meeting like minded people in your local area too.

Just reading this list made me think "oh yeah! that was awesome" but in no particular order

• Max Payne - think this was the first ever game I played end to end and it was a great intro (bullet time, way the story was told and of course that classic Max face)
  • Elder Scrolls - Oblivion - I remember the opening scene where you emerge from the dungeon and see all that green 😍
  • Titanfall 1 and 2 - I absolutely loved the MP and am gutted that it never got a sequel. 
  • Bioshock - Hooked on the story from the go.
  • Factorio - I have to stay away from this game because I'm worried about the time that I sink into this when I do play it. 

dragon's lair (Arcade) or Space ace - Graphics

Elite(BBC micro) - Best space sim

Unreal Tournement (PC) - First Multi-player I got into. playing on a 56k Flex modem with people from all over the world!!

black and white - one of the best god sims

Crysis - for all the... can this run this, etc 

Ultima VI

Virtua Fighter

Thief Gold

Everquest

Mirror's Edge

Edited by PluralGrey