Dusting Out Thermaltake V200 TG RGB Case? Accessing Behind Front Panel struggling with though

Hello All

Struggling with this area quite a bit when i do dust clean outs,  is there any known easy way to get this front cover loosen so i can get my Electric air duster nozzle in there to clean behind it, and also do the front fans better that i normally do

I'm ok with the other case covers, and very very careful with Tempered Glass side panel when i remove that to clean the main internal components...so far just struggle with the front case cover, and behind the plastic like glass in front of the front fans

20220925_204827.jpg

• Like 1

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/front-panel-removal-on-thermaltake-v200-rgb-case.3666533/

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/cx91l7/how_to_remove_front_panel_of_thermaltake_v200_tg/

Never really thought of it before as I never had a windowed front, but that seems a terrible idea.  Or should just have a pop part to clean.  Good luck with it.  Maybe another fan or two somewhere could help with that?

• Thanks 1

Ohh forgot i posted that there a while ago oopsy lol,    Gonna have to give those suggestions another try on next dust clean out asap here

I panic sometimes, and don't realize already posted it somewhere else at times

Except Now really time to dust clean that area, and struggled with it back on August 29th, didn't post then again as i was like sighs i'll figure it out on next one--(as started getting RL bugged and rushed on last one, so probably gonna try to wait til a true peaceful day i hope to tackle it fully with my electric duster, q-tips, and other items to get it properly clean once and for all

Edited by bikeman25
  • Haha 1

Except my PSU Dust Filter is different, but basic idea there for sure, hopefully i got enough slack in the zip tied cables to even get it off a little bit, i got extra zip ties if i have to careful cut the current one to give more slack, but hopefully i won't have to lol, guess will find out when i actually tackle it asap here

Table i do the dust clean outs on is a small table, but should work fine i think, sadly don't have my larger table anymore after the real life move

Why i picked this case over another at the local shop i have no idea, probably cause of the display model flashy RGB lightning lol, but its starting to get old and annoying....

Might look into Adding Top 120Mm Fans possibly, if wouldn't mess up the cooling of CPU Tower Cooler, or Rear Exhaust--not sure if that would help things or not though or just add more to clean lol

20220829_191827.jpg

Edited by bikeman25
  • Like 1

I'm not completely sure, but I "think", more exhaust, will create more pull into the case, instead of the fans trying to blow in and basically re-circulate some of the same.

Trust me, I'm not an expert, but I know that I've heard negative pressure mentioned, etc..  Hopefully someone here can answer more definitively on what would help.

Try this.  It's more geared toward heat, but maybe something useful.

https://scholarlygamers.com/tech-talks/2017/11/14/building-pc-positive-vs-negative-air-pressure/

Actually this one specifically talks about dust:

https://www.overclockers.com/dust-prevention-positive-pressure-negative-pressure-does-it-really-matter/

Yeah might just have to figure something out, whatever that ends up being, unsure of at the moment.

As even if i get a Smaller Filter for the front intake fans,  the Front Glass like window still will get dust covered,  i'd still have to access the Smaller Filters to clean them i would think.    

I surely don't wanna have to end up cleaning weekly though, i should've picked a Non RGB Stealth Gaming Case, like a Fractual Meshify or something,  but this one was all local shop had, besides the Thermaltake V250 Model, or Some other Thermaltake Model.   Picked this one probably cause it looked so flashy with the RGB patterns, (except my board doesn't support ARGB lol oops)  in the local store

Someday may purchase a newer case and transfer components myself or have Local shop do it one more time maybe

yes, more exhaust would mean more air coming in from everywhere it can, and not just from the intake fans via the dust filters. this will actually lead to accumulation of more dust inside the case.

Hence, it is generally recommended to have more intakes. the ratio of intake and exhaust should be around 2 to 1 assuming they are all moving around the same amount of air.

On 26/09/2022 at 21:25, bikeman25 said:

Yeah might just have to figure something out, whatever that ends up being, unsure of at the moment.

As even if i get a Smaller Filter for the front intake fans,  the Front Glass like window still will get dust covered,  i'd still have to access the Smaller Filters to clean them i would think.    

I surely don't wanna have to end up cleaning weekly though, i should've picked a Non RGB Stealth Gaming Case, like a Fractual Meshify or something,  but this one was all local shop had, besides the Thermaltake V250 Model, or Some other Thermaltake Model.   Picked this one probably cause it looked so flashy with the RGB patterns, (except my board doesn't support ARGB lol oops)  in the local store

Someday may purchase a newer case and transfer components myself or have Local shop do it one more time maybe

I picked this one up for $80 at a Microcenter sale.  Not sure if you have one near you.  I think it's going on until 10/3 maybe?  You have to have a coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/Lian-Li-LANCOOL-MESH-RGB-S/dp/B09MLX3W5Z?th=1

Was definitely going to recommend moving to a mesh case if you could.  I have had mostly NZXT the last few years, but close front.  H500 and H510.  I like the size, but they are really not very good for cooling.  They stay under 75C under load for the CPU, though, so they are getting the job done.

Just one of those things you don't really think about at the time, or you take what you can get.

@hellowalkmanThanks for the info.  I hadn't heard that.

• Like 1

Yeah i'd be happy with any Airflow optimized case, preferrably in Black, i don't really care on RGB front fans these days, at first it was nice, but really these days only care about if it intakes and cools very well the components inside, and lasts a long time, and Side Tempered glass panel goes on easily, and removes easily to acccess internal components.     

Closest Microcenter is about 3-4 hour drive i believe  27.8 Miles from my current location,  but if i do ever go out there and do pickout a different case, possibly might have them rebuild current system, and possibly use the original CPU Cooler i bought a while back--Be Quiet Pure Rock 2,  Heck i'd even consider a Be Quiet Case, as i believe those have Filters for Intake Fans, Power supply, and such.  (Well seems Local microcenter doesn't carry Be Quiet Cases, well second choice Fractual Design, or Lian Li lol in the future) 

Plus a Be Quiet Case should be able to accommodate a future RTX video card that i do wanna get at some point,  Gonna update the Power supply first before i ever get the RTX card,  Currently using EVGA G3 650 Watt,  Next One probably 850 Watt, as don't need one too crazy, as not getting im sure top of the line RTX Card in future, possibly 3060TI or 4060 some model.   

For now i'll dust clean out this current case as best i can, and go from there for now

Probably gonna do the dust clean out for this system either tomorrow or next day

Mom's PC possibly sometime as well, either today or tomorrow i think.   

Edited by bikeman25

Update: 

Yesterday dusting Completed of Thermaltake V200 TG RGB Front Panel area, and Front fans with both my electric dusters--Cordless and AC Power model  A2-Arrow Pro  for Powered one,  detail nozzle, and long distance nozzle at power level 2(high power),  Appears to be much better than picture at start of this thread,  managed to get it open, but took a bit of time to do that.  

Still a little tiny bit of dirt on Exterior of the Front cover, will get that sometime soon, but internally looks to be much better to my eyes,  hit it 3 times, and used 2 micro fiber clothes to rub that area down 4 times,  hit the front fans 3 Times,  q-tipped all the blades as well,  cpu fan hit with the dusters as well  5 times,  rear exhaust fan hit 7 times,   vacummed entire upstairs hallway  & entire room where PC is (where i do it typically as don't have a secure spot outside to do dusting at all)    thought about finally opening the isoprophyl alcohol bottle that i purchased last May, and even hitting the fans with that, but realized i don't really got the time to do a deep clean of all the fans, as started being RL interrupted again by Family

20220930_172638.jpg

• Like 1

IMO, that's a bit extreme for what you are doing..

Most of us just take a bottle of canned air to it and be done with it..

Well wanted it as clean as possible so i wouldn't hopefully have to do it for a while again lol hopefully as front cover surely not easy to get loose on this case lol

I may have went overboard in using both dusters, but should be clean for a while i hope

Gonna dust out my standing fan soon,  and dust off Laptop desk better soon as next steps in my cleaning process, and weekly vacumming this room to try and keep dusting to a minimum for a while i hope

Edited by bikeman25
  • Like 1