Expensive streaming services. HBO

• pololy07 changed the title to Expensive streaming services. HBO
On 03/10/2022 at 10:27, pololy07 said:

I often use Netflix for streaming but it is the most expensive streaming service. Recenly I've found out the HBO. I've never use  it and read some news about this service. Let's find out some advantages of using it and is it better than Netflix or no.

look like the wrong forum  , also the link is for the same page  WTF ?

That's up to you to decide.  Everyone has a different opinion.  My girlfriend and I use Netflix way more than other services, so it's worth it to us.  Amazon Prime is probably our second.  Everything is has maybe one thing we like to watch.

depends on the shows you like and want to watch. each service offers a different range of content.

personally I dropped Netflix as well back in April because the price increases just became too much for how little I was watching.

As for as HBO goes, keep in mind that service is going to change drastically here soon when they do their merger with Discovery+. It sounds like they're going to dump a LOT of their content and change to a different style of shows.

Asking which streaming service is better is like asking where to buy your groceries.
In the end it's all the same with slight different. You'll see some repeated movies/series and some are different.

You really can't ask this because it's all personal choice. 

On 10/7/2022 at 8:37 PM, Brandon H said:

depends on the shows you like and want to watch. each service offers a different range of content.

personally I dropped Netflix as well back in April because the price increases just became too much for how little I was watching.

As for as HBO goes, keep in mind that service is going to change drastically here soon when they do their merger with Discovery+. It sounds like they're going to dump a LOT of their content and change to a different style of shows.

Well, let's wait and see what changes there.

@Skyfrog Titles, not shows, so it includes movies. Some were simply licensed deals that had an expiry date (like on Netflix and other platforms), some are caught up in weird distribution deals, so even though they own the content and the platform, they can't show it at certain times (ie. Aquaman, that's a WB property). Most looks like crap tbh.

They're not gutting "it" (neither the streaming service nor HBO), though some stuff is on the way out. HBO (the premium channel and associated content branded under HBO Originals) is safe. It's the lower quality streaming only stuff that was HBO Max only ("HBO Max Originals), that's mostly on the way out, but even there some stuff will make it to regular HBO. They are restructuring the entire WB side of things as well. And the streaming service will be renamed next year, and include all the Discovery crap.

The service was stupidly and confusingly branded to begin with, it should have been called WB Max or something. No one knows the difference between the streaming service, the original programming, the streaming only programming.

What the new CEO doing is basically preventing the HBO brand from being diluted - it's associated with premium original programming, it should have never been associated with streaming-only stuff that was made just to fill up the library with fresh stuff, or lumped in with CW and DC and Cartoon Network stuff - not saying those are bad, but they're not HBO. (and it's not like they lacked for HBO or general WB content to begin with). It just comes at unfortunate time, because people were finally starting to use the service, and now every other day there's mostly clickbait articles that the service is dead, and once it gets renamed AGAIN it will just add to the confusion.

As for OP: HBO is totally worth it. Amazing original series, just the backlog will give you incredible value, and they have a lot of stuff on the way as well.

• Like 1