Ruling Out Browser Issues

Microsoft Edge won't play videos. Although the browser has great functionality, some issues such as Microsoft Edge not playing videos diminish my browsing experience and make me less likely to use it. Then this is what I want to know. How to Ruling Out Browser Issues?

Moved to Web Browser Discussion & Support

Are you specifically having this issue with Edge? Have you tried to play the same vides via another browser and seeing if the issue still exists? Chrome, Firefox and Safari are worth a shot.

You gave us really no information so not sure how anyone will be able to help you.  All videos? Only certain sites? Desktop? Mobile? Any error message? Does a different browser work?

Yeah like the others said, more info is needed. Like is this a Chromium issue only or you having the same thing with Firefox? Also what's you CPU and GPU?

On 04/10/2022 at 12:48, hellowalkman said:

Yeah like the others said, more info is needed. Like is this a Chromium issue only or you having the same thing with Firefox? Also what's you CPU and GPU?

Why would the CPU/GPU matter?

On 04/10/2022 at 14:49, hellowalkman said:

hardware acceleration issues

I know that is often an issue with Linux but on Windows?  I assume he is running Windows 10/11 so that should not be an issue. Even with no hardware acceleration he should still be able to play videos. He made it sound like couldn't play them at all at but wasn't really clear at all.

Regardless, I doubt the OP will be back. I didn't notice this was a one post wonder otherwise wouldn't have bothered commenting at all.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 00:50, Good Bot, Bad Bot said:

Regardless, I doubt the OP will be back. I didn't notice this was a one post wonder otherwise wouldn't have bothered commenting at all.

lol same. probably a one post wonder. :D