macOS Ventura to be released to all users on October 24

https://9to5mac.com/2022/10/18/macos-ventura-october-24-release/

Apple announced macOS Ventura at WWDC 2022 in June along with iOS 16. However, while the iOS update was released to the public in September, macOS 13 was delayed until October. Now Apple has confirmed that macOS Ventura will be available to the public next Monday, October 24.

What’s new in macOS Ventura?

macOS Ventura (or macOS 13) comes with several new features. The next version of the operating system enhances the continuity features between iPhone and Mac, so that an iPhone can now be used as a computer webcam. Another new continuity feature lets you transfer a FaceTime call from an iPhone to a Mac or vice versa.

Just like on iOS, iMessage users can finally edit and unsend messages on macOS. Mail has also been updated with options to unsend emails and Safari now supports passkeys, a new way to authenticate to apps and websites without a traditional password.

There are many other new features like Desk View, new gaming APIs, redesigned Game Center dashboard, Stage Manager, and a Weather app for the first time on a Mac.

macOS Ventura makes the things you do most on Mac even better, with powerful new ways to get more done, share and collaborate in your favorite apps, immerse yourself in next‑level games, and take full advantage of your other devices.

According to Apple, macOS Ventura will be released for all users on October 24. The update requires a Mac introduced in 2017 or later. More details about macOS Ventura can be found on Apple’s website.

It’s worth noting that iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1 will also be released to the public next week.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I upgraded Monterrey to Ventura but decided to do a clean install just because it’s habit when getting a new OS, so when trying to do a clean install of Mac Ventura, the recovery mode is still showing Monterrey. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

720C99FB-E6B8-426C-B8E4-B982532C01E7.jpeg

On 31/10/2022 at 11:59, spacelordmaster said:

So I upgraded Monterrey to Ventura but decided to do a clean install just because it’s habit when getting a new OS, so when trying to do a clean install of Mac Ventura, the recovery mode is still showing Monterrey. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

720C99FB-E6B8-426C-B8E4-B982532C01E7.jpeg

If Intel macOS - Boot

Option-Command-R

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-macos-recovery-on-an-intel-based-mac-mchl338cf9a8/13.0/mac/13.0#mchl69906860

Option-Command-R

On 31/10/2022 at 10:38, Eternal Tempest said:

M1 here sir. No, that doesn't work. I believe when the upgrade was done, it failed to also update the recovery image. Been seeing some reports about this. I went back to Monterey for now as I don't see any need to update to Ventura at the moment since I can care less about that useless Stage Manager. I also do not use a webcam on my Mac Studio as it's only used as a multimedia workhorse (video and photo editing). I only do FaceTime on laptop and phone. The settings section on Ventura is a mess. I do not know what they were thinking. 

On 31/10/2022 at 13:41, spacelordmaster said:

M1 here sir. No, that doesn't work. I believe when the upgrade was done, it failed to also update the recovery image. Been seeing some reports about this. I went back to Monterey for now as I don't see any need to update to Ventura at the moment since I can care less about that useless Stage Manager. I also do not use a webcam on my Mac Studio as it's only used as a multimedia workhorse (video and photo editing). I only do FaceTime on laptop and phone. The settings section on Ventura is a mess. I do not know what they were thinking. 

I think you power off the computer, and hold the power button down until you're booted into a recovery mode. At which point you should be able to download the latest restore.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/macos-recovery-a-mac-apple-silicon-mchl82829c17/mac

• 2 months later...