my yahoo email was hacked

I need to transfer the emails and folders from yahoo email to outlook.live.com (not any related to ms outlook 2021, 2019,365....etc. Neither outlook or yahoo have import or export option.

I prefer to do it for free as well. Nor do i want to forward every email to outlook coz there is too many to do. An help is appreciated.

Edited by Steven P.
formatting

I'm getting Deja vu

I thought my last answer was pretty good in the first thread. 😁image.thumb.png.8aa91d74e4ad60bbd930a95539c7109a.png

Just to clarify, you don't have to keep using it thunderbird, just use it as a means to transfer emails from one account to another. 

On 27/10/2022 at 23:50, Warwagon said:

I'm getting Deja vu

I thought my last answer was pretty good in the first thread. 😁image.thumb.png.8aa91d74e4ad60bbd930a95539c7109a.png

Just to clarify, you don't have to keep using it thunderbird, just use it as a means to transfer emails from one account to another. 

oh, now i think i know what you mean - i just rerad it. that is f'ing brilliant. I read that when i  first woke up. My bad.

one issue though. what would i use as a domain name for thunderbird that is free?

Edited by Bruinator

On 28/10/2022 at 21:48, Bruinator said:

I read that when i  first woke up. My bad.

Try drinking coffee before you get on here... :laugh: 

On 28/10/2022 at 21:48, Bruinator said:

oh, now i think i know what you mean - i just rerad it. that is f'ing brilliant. I read that when i  first woke up. My bad.

one issue though. what would i use as a domain name for thunderbird that is free?

Thunderbird — Make Email Easier. — Thunderbird

On 29/10/2022 at 20:36, Good Bot, Bad Bot said:

How did you get hacked? Where you not using 2FA?

Until recently, Yahoo did not support 2FA properly, requiring either a phone number (a proven 2FA risk) or their official mobile app.

I was really (pleasantly) surprised when I suddenly saw 2FA support for 3rd party authentication apps suddenly show in the settings pane.

For third party apps, it's best to use an app password with Yahoo, not only for the security, but also because POP3/IMAP authentication without so passwords has been broken for a long time on Yahoo (some clients will never work, some will work intermittently, some will have some features working but not others, etc.).

In any case, my Yahoo email is no longer my main provider, ever since I switched over to ProtonMail.

• Like 2

On 29/10/2022 at 15:41, moriel5 said:

Until recently, Yahoo did not support 2FA properly, requiring either a phone number (a proven 2FA risk) or their official mobile app.

I was really (pleasantly) surprised when I suddenly saw 2FA support for 3rd party authentication apps suddenly show in the settings pane.

For third party apps, it's best to use an app password with Yahoo, not only for the security, but also because POP3/IMAP authentication without so passwords has been broken for a long time on Yahoo (some clients will never work, some will work intermittently, some will have some features working but not others, etc.).

In any case, my Yahoo email is no longer my main provider, ever since I switched over to ProtonMail.

I'm switching to outlook.com

• 5 weeks later...
On 31/10/2022 at 06:47, Bruinator said:

I'm switching to outlook.com

I have both an outlook.com and yahoo mail accounts
and I NEVER use my yahoo mail account thru any email app like thunderbird; always access my yahoo email (and outlook email) thru a web browser 😛