2 New S.T.A.L.K.E.R screens

And shot #2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like stadium lighting in the left of the image.....I thinks this may be the abandoned sports stadium in Pripyat (Can be seen in the GSC fieldtrip photos).....I remember the field was overgrown with trees. Woah...

And shot #2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like stadium lighting in the left of the image.....I thinks this may be the abandoned sports stadium in Pripyat (Can be seen in the GSC fieldtrip photos).....I remember the field was overgrown with trees. Woah...

that's definitely the stadium. You've go the light in the top left. the paved area is the track, you can see the bleachers in the distance...

awesome screenshot.

I haven't read a lot about this game...but are they going for a very realistic mapping of the areas that will be played in (in the same way True Crime made an accurate street map of LA)??

damn. do u know if there is actually real, moving lightning in the game? that looks so real. im going to have nightmares tonight :cry: whats the story behind the game anyway? r u supposed to go in and investigate or what?

Edited by nuka_t

The story is that it's set in the Chernobyl/Pripyat radioactive exlusion zone, in the very near future...not much is known about the story except that you explore a fricking huge area in free form gaming.

The trailer released which is known as the "Day/Night cycle trailer" shows us real lightning in game, complete with lighting effects.

And if it is the stadium, here is the photo from the GSC photo trip...looks similar....

the leak played VERY well on my GeForce 2 (30-35 fps) so I'am going to be supprised how well it will run when its done.

the leak was dx7 i htink the real game is dx9

Well, according to the design brief, the game shall run as Dx7, Dx8, or Dx9. The leak was Dx7, the screenshots are Dx8, and GSC has shown nothing of Dx9 yet.....all those screenshots are Dx8 :o

awesome screenshots. this game is done very well. exploring huge area with daynight cycle, radiation, mutated animals and other human explorers and everything looks real.

if i had a vote between this and halflife 2 again i'll pick this one. the physics are awesome too.

:omg:

what computer is that taken on? no jagginess at all! the last screenshot looks like a photo.

Edited by Jason the Eighty Eighth

This game looks great. Some serious hardware upgrades called for (if the wife will let me  )

Wow! Those are some insane graphics!

I wonder how much I'll have to upgrade my machine to run it

You won't unless you want any dx9 effects they happen to add into it. They started with dx8 to make sure it runs very well for everyone. I think this is going to a great game.

You won't unless you want any dx9 effects they happen to add into it. They started with dx8 to make sure it runs very well for everyone. I think this is going to a great game.

good - we dont have another performance hog! *halo*

good - we dont have another performance hog! *halo*

Halo runs great on my machine with 800x600 and 6xAA 16xAF

AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Shuttle MK35N Motherboard

768MB DDR PC2100 Memory

80GB 7200 RPM Main

40GB 5400 RPM Backup

Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB

SoundBlaster Audigy 2

16x DVD Drive

12x8x32 CD-RW

15? CRT Monitor

Windows XP Corporate Edition SP:whistle:e:

We can't guarentee good performance....the only hands on test of performance we've had is a leaked beta from years ago that had poor to non-existent AI.

According to the Official FAQ:

Q: What are the system requirements of the game?

A: A touchy issue. System requirements have been changed several times. In the end, the support of video cards of the generation of GeForce2 was cancelled. Now, the minimum requirements are GeForce3/Radeon8500 and P3-1GHz. It will be possible to comfortably play on a P4 with half a gig of RAM, and a video card from the middle of the range of GeForceFX or Radeon 9xxx. The maximum appetite of the engine tends towards infinity.

So the approximate requirements are

CPU: 1GHz

RAM: 512MB

GRAPHICS: GeForce3/Radeon 8500

So, if these requirements hold...I'll be running it comfortably on my Athlon XP1700+, with 512MB of RAM, and my GeForce 4 Ti4800 (for running in Dx8 mode, of course)

Compared to a lot of the games that have been coming out, those are pretty low specs.

Well, those are minimum specs, not recommended. Like Half Life 2, the engine can scale back for older hardware.

Remember, HL2 has the specs of something like:

Windows 98/2000/Me/XP

700 MHz CPU

128 MB RAM

DX6 compatible video card

3 GB free HD space

Which is actually a little less than S.T.A.L.K.E.R now I looks at it :huh: