Glad to be back, a greeting from 2007

Hello, folks.

Some time back in 2003 I came to Neowin, as a fan of Windows OS and being very curious about its development.
Visual Studio and .NET were the coming up technologies back then. There was no Git, no Electron, no Chronium, no Desktop Web-Apps or Instagram. :D

I searched some while back the topics of mine like "Librey", "Download Manager Plus", my attempt back then to dig into programing and .NET.
.NET itself came in those days in a separate bundle you had to install to be able to execute C# or VB.NET written Apps. Now .NET is a set part of Windows.
There have been some releases but it never made into final. I wanted to make a download manager free for everyone and without bloatware and ads.
It has been successful, but only to couple of milestones, not to the final, as I said. In those days I did not even knew what Object Oriented Programing is.

In this epilogue I would like to thank to all those nice people, I was surrounded by here on Neowin, who have been standing with me through all the challanges
and having nice chats and discussions - it's so long, I have already forgotten - but those threads are still in the archive. The golden archive of neowin.net.

Thank you all! (Maybe I'll update to make a list)

Me coming a long way to do this post. After some tears and flowers, which the live brings with it, I'm now at a university, studying CS and working part-time.
Seems I found my place, and I wish you to have found yours, as I did mine. Never stop to learn, be curious and find something you have a pleasure in doing.

I would like to bring some old day memories:

(did not remember this one)

(somehow I took part in, don't remember)

Edit: Today is the first time I logged in since 2006 or 2007 I believe.
I just had to make a post.

Thank you all - I can not repeat this one enough.

Sincerely,

Elexir

-----

Edit2: Added "TrafficManager" as something, that in fact has been completed to a final :D

Edited by Elexir
addition

• Elexir changed the title to Glad to be back,
  • Elexir changed the title to Glad to be back, a greeting from 2007
On 15/11/2022 at 17:50, Steven P. said:

That's great! thanks for sticking around all this time :D and Welcome Back!

On 15/11/2022 at 17:34, devHead said:

Welcome back!

Thank both of you! :) It was a pleasure, I remember. Now I look into the Subforum "Software created by our members" and I see Microsoft Store and paid Apps ... wow, it has changed, still even today, I would make/leave my progs. free of fee. At least those, here on neowin :) oh boy, is it good to be back