Any Flight Simmers on Neowin?

So as the title suggests, any flight simmers here on Neowin?

I just started getting back into it on MSFS2020 and was interested to see if there are likeminded people here and if anyone would be down to do some flying sometime soon.

Way back in the DOS days, I played every flight sim I could get my hands on.

While I don't have much time for it these days, I do enjoy Digital Combat Simulator.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 17:20, Warwagon said:

I played flight simulator in the 90's :)

Could always give it a shot again lol

Great time to get back into the hobby Matt. You can find a ton of free addons on sites like Flightsim.to and if you fancy learning  some real world phraseology you can join VATSIM online network (https://vatsim.net/) or IVAO.  There are higher fidelity addons that emulate start up through flight and shutdown procedures along with utilities that make your sim experience better. To stay up to date I personally use Flelite.net for news and either the flight simulation subreddit or avsim forums to catch up on the nitty gritty.  And several virtual pilots from hobbyist to real world airline guys are on Youtube and Twitch showcasing new addons and real world procedures. Guys like Q8 pilot, 737NG Driver etc are great resources to learn ins and outs for airliners and the like. Enjoy!

I am currently learning to Use and fly the FBW A32NX, also really looking forward to that teams A380X.  Planning on getting on with Vatsim this year too, still have a lot to learn about it though.

Also looking to invest in the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition Captains Pack X (I'm planning on also playing on the Xbox as well) and grabbing an additional throttle quad for when FBW's A380 is released.

But if anyways is up or a session my gamertag is FusionOpz

On 16/01/2023 at 22:35, BoondockSaint said:

Way back in the DOS days, I played every flight sim I could get my hands on.

While I don't have much time for it these days, I do enjoy Digital Combat Simulator.

Messing with serial ports or COM ports trying to get the sticks to work.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 08:21, Matthew S. said:

Also looking to invest in the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition Captains Pack X (I'm planning on also playing on the Xbox as well) and grabbing an additional throttle quad for when FBW's A380 is released.

The TCA is a worthy investment, from the FBW to the Fenix 320 (and even the FSlabs 320 back in Prepar3d) the TCA is a worthy investment. Have mine going on 2 years now and still love it. 

• 1 month later...

Actually ended up ordering the TCA Airbus Edition.  Will probably post a light review of it in a few weeks once I get used to it.

Also working on a mobile companion for flight sim 2020 that doesn't use python.  Should actually clarify, its more than just a mobile companion.

Coming from a Saitek x52, the TCA Captains Pack makes a hell of a difference.