Side-Panel won't stay on Case + Minor Question about my System

So long story short, I had this computer built 11/22 in micro center, I have the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG case, and the glass side-panel does not stay on, I don't know how or why but I slide the 2 latches in at the bottom of the case, and it's like theres nothing for the side-panel to hook/attach on too on the top of the case, and it just does not stay on, and I had to resort to using masking tape to keep the side-panel on (see pictures/videos).

Also one other thing, my computer runs great, only thing is that my bottom 2 usb ports on the front of the case do not work. When I was putting this together on PCPP it said something about the case and my motherboard, something along the lines of the motherboard doesn't have enough ports on it or the case doesn't, I don't remember what. But in MC when I was going over the parts with the sales rep, I asked if I would need something like this Vantec 4-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1 PCIe Host Card w/ Internal 20-Pin Connector so that those bottom usb ports would work and he said yes. Then when I took it to the part of the store to have it built, the person over there said I didn't need it and the ports would work fine, so I just got my money back..so, what would I need in order to get those bottom usb ports to work on the front? PCPP says "A USB 2.0 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required."

https://streamable.com/bknfhc

PXL_20230209_124459332.jpg

Does the glass panel have the three little knoby things at the top which slide into the cut outs?  Probably a Captain Obvious remark, but you need to remove the top panel.

Regarding the bottom two USB ports, yes, you would need an add on card since your board doesn't have two USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers.  Obviously you'll need to make sure the cable can reach the add-on card. 

Another option would be to use a USB 2.0 > USB 3.0 adapter...like https://www.newegg.com/p/181-013S-00043 ... or

https://www.microcenter.com/product/648464/silverstone-internal-19pin-usb-30-to-usb-20-adapter-cable

With this option, the bottom ports would be fine for anything other than transfering data (since they would be at USB 2.0 speeds)...but still functional!

• Like 1

Yeah i think this might be what's causing the issue. You'd need to open the top, slide in the side panel from the above inside the notches, (this is going to lock the side panel in its place), and then put the top panel back on.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jim Kthe glass panel has 2 knoby magnetic things at the top, but on the side of the case itself, it has 3 small openings like where the magnetic things latch into. And like I can get it to stay in, but if I move it even slightly it does not stay at all. 

And also @hellowalkmanI did try sliding the side panel in first, then top panel and still nothing. I feel like, well a friend of mine said maybe the magnetic koby things are just weak, I don't know if thats the case though. Maybe the store sold me a faulty case?

84c9QbU.jpg

w3QceMo.jpg

aDwMQXR.jpg

U0QYdPT.jpg

XEDzTpI.jpg

Dude...it is a bit hard to tell from your images ... but did you shear off the knobs?

I have the 011 Dynamic (not the XL) ... but those knobs should look like this..

PXL_20230222_013903698.thumb.jpg.d2fd1af568cd21348fb74363ed9a1e4d.jpg

which slide into this...

PXL_20230222_013943515.thumb.jpg.55747d15151a79b0960b988baea92b9d.jpg

The glass side panel and the opposite metal side panel work the same way.  Compare the two panels ... to me it looks like you've sheared off those knobby things somehow.  It would also explain why you're having a difficult time to what would otherwise be a simple task.

There are no magnets.   Don't forget to remove the top cover.